Cell C has launched an online reality show titled Break The Net, featuring potential Internet stars competing for a prize of R250,000.
The show will consist of 30 contestants battling for the most views in an online content creation show.
Entries will be open to all South Africans from 15 September to 15 October, with the show airing from 16 October to 11 December.
“How and where content is delivered to consumers is changing dramatically in South Africa as Internet access becomes more pervasive,” said Cell C CEO Jose Dos Santos.
“As an innovator, Cell C is taking its first steps into playing a role in the production and delivery of incredible content.”
The show will feature South African celebrities Suzelle DIY, Ofentse Mwatse, and Darren Whackhead Simpson as The Taskmaster.
Derek Watts and the Sunday Blues will anchor the show.
How to enter
- Download the Cell C Reality app from your app store.
- Open the app, select #BreakTheNet.
- Go to Enter Competition.
- Create your profile and upload a one-minute video.
How it works
- The 30 contestants will be given five challenges over eight weeks.
- Contestants will have 48 hours to create and upload a video, and then try get it to go viral. The winner will be the contestant with the most views.
- Watch, share, and like the videos on the Cell C Reality App and you will earn Cell C reward points – which can be redeemed for data.
The overall winner will receive R250,000 and a trip to Hollywood.
Break The Net will kick off at 19:00 on 23 October and will be broadcast on the Cell C YouTube channel.