The 2016 PriceCheck Tech & E-Commerce Awards were announced at an event in Cape Town last night, with Takealot.com named the overall winner, and receiving the People’s Choice Award.
Awards were also given to new entrants and established brands like OneDayOnly, SweepSouth, Funky Tights, bidorbuy, DHL, Zando, SnapScan, Uber, OLX, FNB, Travelstart, and wiGroup.
PriceCheck said it wants to recognise outstanding South African businesses and individuals in the e-commerce and technology spheres with its awards.
Candidates for each award were selected by public nomination, provided they met certain criteria. The list of nominees was then submitted to a panel of judges who selected the top three nominees per category before finally choosing a winner.
The full list of winners of the 2016 PriceCheck Tech & E-Commerce Awards are as follows:
- Best Fintech Platform 2016: wiGroup
- Best Payment Service 2016: SnapScan
- Best Mobile Shopping Experience 2016: Zando
- Best Overall Shopping Experience 2016: Zando
- Best Travel Booking Service 2016: Travelstart
- Best On-Demand Service 2016: Uber
- Best Online Financial Services Platform 2016: FNB
- Best Small Online Business 2016: Funky Tights
- Best Online Classified Platform 2016: OLX
- Best Marketplace Platform 2016: bidorbuy
- Best Delivery/Logistics Provider 2016: DHL
- Best Customer Service 2016: takealot.com
- Best Black Tech/E-Commerce Entrepreneur 2016: Aisha Pandor (SweepSouth)
- Best Female Tech/E-Commerce Entrepreneur 2016: Aisha Pandor (SweepSouth)
- Employer of the Year 2016: OneDayOnly
- People’s Choice Award 2016: takealot.com
- Overall Winner 2016: takealot.com