Google South Africa has revealed the top trending searches for the week, which include “What is motor neuron disease?” and “What is SONA 2017?”.
President Zuma’s SONA caused a lot of search traffic in the days surrounding the event, but the death of Joost van der Westhuizen drew the most attention this week.
Four of the top 10 questions related to the death of the rugby legend.
The top trending questions on Google South Africa were:
- What is motor neuron disease?
- What causes motor neuron disease?
- What is a CT scan?
- Is Joost van der Westhuizen dead?
- When is Sona 2017?
- How old was Joost van der Westhuizen?
- What is lupus?
- What are the three ingredients required for a healthy relationship?
- What is intersex?
- How to make flapjacks