Apple has launched an annual subscription option for Music, TechCrunch reported.
The option is only available for individual subscriptions.
- In the US, it is priced at $99 per year – effectively giving you two months of free access to Apple Music if you pay a year in advance.
- If you have an Apple ID set to the South African App Store, a yearly subscription will cost you R599.
To access the annual subscription, you will need an active subscription first. On iPhone, you must:
- Open the App Store app, scroll to the bottom of the Featured tab.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Enter your password.
- Tap on “View Apple ID.”
- Tap on the Subscriptions button, from where you can edit your Apple Music membership.
You can also switch to an annual plan in the iTunes desktop app:
- Select the Music section, then click Store.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Account under the Manage heading.
- Under Settings you will see a “Subscriptions” item. Click manage.