Reddit and Microsoft have partnered to bring content from Reddit to Bing search.
The partnership unveiled two new products that apply Microsoft’s AI tools to Reddit’s data:
- Bing Intelligent Search, which shows Reddit results for AMAs, questions, and communities.
- The Power BI suite of solution templates for brand management and targeting on Reddit.
As part of the Intelligent Search features, Bing users will notice three additions to searches specific to Reddit:
- If you type “reddit” and the name of a community, the subreddit will show up in a dedicated results section and Bing will surface a sneak peak.
- When searching the name of an AMA participant, their past or upcoming AMAs will surface along with additional information about the person.
- Bing users whose queries are best answered with relevant Reddit conversations will see those conversations at the top of the page.