Notably, the network service provider announced changes to the heads of business development, business operations and sales departments, alongside the affirmation of the compay’s new chief financial officer, and return of its founder, Brian Herlihy, as executive director.
Herlihy raised the venture capital and founded Seacom in 2007.
“The changes to the Seacom leadership team will enhance synergies between regions and functions within the business, as well as position Seacom to enter new markets in Africa,” the company said.
The group announced the following shifts and appointments:
- Chris Smyth was appointed as CFO in October 2013, heading up the finance function of Seacom, which comprises amongst others, statutory and monthly reporting and analysis, budgeting, treasury, payments, billings and collections;
- Previous head of product strategy, Suveer Ramdhani has been appointed as head of the newly established business development group, which will focus on Seacom’s strategic growth into new markets;
- Seacom chief commercial officer, Byron Clatterbuck, will now also head up a consolidated Product and service development and sales and marketing department;
- Willem Marais was promoted to global head of sales, with global responsibility for all Seacom sales teams across all segments;
- Robert Marston was promoted to global head of product and will taking the lead in designing, developing and managing all Seacom products and services;
- Nicola Haynes-Smart was promoted to head of business operations. In addition to her responsibility for sales operations, she will drive analysis of business performance together with the product team.