Uber has launched gift cards at Pick n Pay in South Africa, which can be used for rides with Uber and UberEATS.
“Uber gift cards are available in R100 and R200 amounts, and if the ride fee or UberEATS fee is less than the value on the card, the remaining amount can be used on the next ride or EATS purchase,” said Uber.
Users who purchase or receive a gift card can load its value onto their app through the “Payment > Promotions > Add Promo/Gift Code” setting in its menu.
Uber stated that “important restrictions” apply to the gift cards, which have been highlighted below.
The full terms and conditions are available here.
- The Voucher Code cannot be redeemed for UberRUSH or with Family profiles.
- The value associated with this Voucher Code expires three years after the date of first activation.
- If you have other payment methods in your Uber account, the Voucher Code will be set as your default payment method.
- The Voucher Code cannot be reloaded with additional funds after purchase.
- The Voucher Code is not redeemable outside of South Africa.
- The Voucher Code is not refundable, returnable or redeemable for cash except where required by law.
- The Voucher Code is not redeemable on trips that are pre-scheduled using the “Schedule a Ride” feature.