Uber South Africa has added an incident response team (IRT) call-back line for safety-related incidents.
The new feature has been in testing since December 2017 and will provide riders with 24/7 access to Uber’s global incident response team.
This allows riders to submit a ticket for critical safety incidents or accidents through the app and receive a call back in minutes.
“With the introduction of the IRT call-back line, we are able to help riders speak with our dedicated IRT within minutes,” said Uber.
Uber riders can access the IRT feature by:
- Clicking “Trip and fare review”.
- Select the trip in question.
- Select “I had a safety-related issue”.
- Submit a ticket through the node.
- The rider will receive a call within minutes.