Twitter has added support for two-factor authentication using USB security keys.
Users can now use compatible USB keys to secure their Twitter account instead of confirming their login request via email or SMS.
It is important to note that users will first need to enable the text message or mobile security app verification options before they can use the USB security key feature.
To set up your USB security key for use with Twitter, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile icon and navigate to Settings and Privacy.
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- Under the Security section, select the option to review your login verification methods.
- Next to the Security Key option, click Set up.
- Read the instructions and click Start to register your key.
Other platforms which support USB security key authentication include Facebook, Google, and Dropbox.