Amazon has asked customers what type of features they would like in a mobile messaging service, AFTVNews reported. The questions also included a name for a new messaging service: Anytime.
Based on screenshots Amazon clients provided, the report stated that Anytime by Amazon looks to be a full-feature social platform, and not just a messaging service.
A respondent told the publication that the survey implied Anytime was almost ready to be rolled out.
It promises the following features:
- Everyone is already on it
- Not linked to phone numbers, reach contacts using their names
- Works on desktop, iPhone, and Android
- Voice and video calls
- Group chats with @mentions, photo sharing, and video chat
- GIFs, stickers, and emoji
- Filters for photos and videos
- Competitive games
- Location sharing, listen to music together, split a bill
- Chat with businesses