Qualcomm has introduced its new Snapdragon 710 mobile platform, which promises in-demand premium features for mid-range smartphones.
The Snapdragon 710 is built on 10nm process technology, and is designed with efficient architectures for artificial intelligence – featuring a multi-core AI Engine and neural network processing capabilities.
The Snapdragon 710 is the first platform in Qualcomm’s new 700-tier, offering technologies and features previously only available in its premium-tier (800) mobile platforms.
The Snapdragon 710 provides significant performance improvements over the 600-tier in AI, photography, display, connectivity, and battery performance.
- AI – It delivers up to 2-times overall performance improvements in AI applications, compared to the Snapdragon 660.
- Photography – The Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP supports enhancements in capturing professional-grade photos and videos.
- Display – 4K HDR playback for viewing HDR videos and apps.
- Connectivity – The new Snapdragon X15 LTE modem, a Category 15 LTE modem that supports up to 800Mbps download speeds.
- Performance and Battery – New architectures are engineered to deliver superior power efficiency and long-lasting battery life.
The Snapdragon 710 is available immediately and is expected to be found in consumer devices in the second quarter of 2018.