Samsung Galaxy Note 9 catches fire – Report

Reports have emerged from the US that a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 may have caught fire in a woman’s purse.

Softpedia News reported that a lawsuit filed in New York states real estate agent Diane Chung was using her Galaxy Note 9 earlier this month when is started “getting really hot”.

She placed it in her purse, but soon noticed smoke coming from the pouch.

Chung emptied the purse, but a fire had started. An onlooker then allegedly picked up the Galaxy Note 9 with a cloth and threw it away.

The New York Post reported that Samsung did not comment on the issue.

The reports come after Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones were recalled worldwide in 2016, following exploding batteries and subsequent fires.

Samsung stated in early 2017 that production quality issues which led to the exploding batteries included missing insulation tape on tabs, bigger protrusion of welding points in tabs, and the misalignment of insulation tape.

Now read: Samsung vice chairman to visit North Korea

Latest news

Partner Content

Show comments

Recommended

Share this article
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 catches fire – Report