Man suffers burns to face after Samsung smartphone explodes

Last month, 23-year-old Kunal Sharma’s Samsung Galaxy S5 caught fire, resulting in him suffering from several burns, reports City News.

Sharma, who suffers from muscular dystrophy, noticed that his smartphone was heating up to an abnormal level and called his uncle to investigate, but seconds later, the phone caught fire.

“My uncle kicked it onto the floor,” Sharma said.

“I was in pain, I couldn’t breathe, there was smoke all over. My nose and my lips got burned [as well as] my neck and my hands.”

In a response to City News, Samsung said it was looking into the matter.

“Samsung takes customer safety very seriously. In any case of this sort, we take every step to investigate and remedy the concern.”

Samsung previously recalled its Galaxy Note 7 because it had received numerous reports of phones overheating and catching on fire.

Man suffers burns
Credit: Affinity Law
Burned S5
Credit: Affinity Law

Now read: New features coming to WhatsApp for iPhone

Latest news

Partner Content

Show comments

Recommended

Share this article
Man suffers burns to face after Samsung smartphone explodes