The entry-level contract price point for the LG G2 is around R370 per month, Namwhoo said.
Deon Prinsloo, general manager of LG Mobile in South Africa, congratulated and thanked their “carrier partners” for having stock of the LG G2 in their warehouses a week ahead of the Friday, 1 November 2013 launch date. According to Prinsloo, it’s the first time in his career that he has seen this happen.
Hardware-wise, the LG G2 boasts a 5.2-inch full HD (1080×1920) display, 2.26GHz quad-core processor, and its much-touted “rear key”.
The LG G2 has eschewed the conventional power button and volume rocker in favour of rear-mounted buttons. According to LG, this allows for easy left- or right-handed access to the buttons, and minimises accidental presses.
The key hardware specifications are summarised in the table below:
|Dimensions||138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm|
|Operating system||Android 4.2|
|Display||5.2″ 1080p (1080×1920) IPS|
|Storage, internal||16GB / 32GB|
|Processor||2.26GHz quad-core Qualcomm Krait 400 (Snapdragn 800)|
|Cellular data||HSPA+, LTE, CDMA|
Among the software features of the device are:
- Answer Me: automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop: automatically recommends options that are most likely to be used when a headset or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link: allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- KnockON: turns the device on and off by tapping the display twice;
- Audio Zoom: enables zooming in on certain sounds when recording a video;
- QuickRemote: gives the LG G2 the ability to remotely control popular home entertainment devices as well as learn from conventional remotes. Can be customised to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys;
- Slide Aside: “slide” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe;
- Optical Image Stabilizer: (OIS) technology in the rear camera;
- Guest Mode: protects the owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone via a secondary unlock pattern; and
- Capture Plus: allows saving of an entire page in one shot, even if that page is larger than the screen itself.