Microsoft has launched the Windows Defender Security Center, which makes it easier for users to view and control their security protections.
The security centre also helps users understand the features protecting them on their Windows 10 device.
“Our goal with the Windows Defender Security Center is to help you become more informed and make safety simple,” said Microsoft.
It includes five pillars that give users control and visibility of their device security, health, and online safety experiences.
- Virus and threat protection provides a view of your antivirus protection – whether it’s Windows Defender Antivirus that comes free with Windows 10 or AV software from a partner.
- Device performance and health provides a single view of a user’s latest Windows updates, drivers, battery life, and storage capacity.
- Firewall and network protection provides information on the network connections and active Windows Firewall settings, as well as links to network troubleshooting information.
- App and browser control allows users to adjust SmartScreen settings for apps and browsers – warning them of potential malicious sites, downloads, and unrecognised apps and files.
- Family options give users an easy way to connect to the family options available online.