Microsoft will retire Office 2007 on 10 October, the company announced.
“On October 10, 2017, Office 2007 will reach End of Life. If you haven’t already begun to upgrade your Office 2007 environment, we recommend you start now,” said Microsoft.
When Office 2007 reaches End of Life, Microsoft will no longer provide:
- Technical support for issues.
- Bug fixes for issues that are discovered.
- Security fixes for vulnerabilities that are discovered.
As of 31 October, Outlook 2007 will also be unable to connect to Office 365 mailboxes.
Microsoft advises users to take the following action if still on the 2007 version:
- Upgrade to Office 365 ProPlus.
- Upgrade to Office 2016.
- Upgrade to an earlier version of Office, such as Office 2013.