Apple has launched iOS 11.1, which is now available for download by users.
iOS 11.1 introduces over 70 new emoji and includes bug fixes and improvements, said Apple.
The new additions are detailed below.
- Over 70 new emoji characters including new food types, animals, mythical creatures, clothing options, more expressive smiley faces, gender-neutral characters and more.
- Resolves an issue that could cause some photos to appear blurry.
- Addresses an issue that could cause Live Photo effects to play back slowly.
- Fixes an issue that could cause some photos to not display in the People album when restoring from an iCloud Backup.
- Fixes an issue that could impact performance when swiping between screenshots.
- Improves braille support for Grade 2 input.
- Improves VoiceOver access to multi-page PDFs.
- Improves VoiceOver rotor actions for announcing incoming notifications.
- Improves VoiceOver rotor actions menu when removing an app from the app switcher.
- Fixes an issue for some users where alternative keys would not display when using VoiceOver with Touch Typing.
- Fixes an issue where the VoiceOver rotor would always return to the default action in Mail.
- Fixes an issue where the VoiceOver rotor would not delete messages.
Other improvements and fixes
- Restores support for accessing the app switcher by pressing on the edge of the display with 3D Touch.
- Fixes an issue that caused cleared Mail notifications to reappear on the Lock screen.
- Fixes an issue in enterprise environments that prevented data from being moved between managed apps.
- Fixes an issue with some third-party GPS accessories that caused inaccuracies in location data.
- Resolves an issue where settings for Heart Rate notifications were appearing in the Apple Watch app (1st generation).
- Fixes an issue where app icons were not appearing in notifications on Apple Watch.