Microsoft has improved the intelligent services in Office 365 with a new set of cloud-powered features.
The new apps and features help organisations accelerate their digital transformation, said Microsoft.
The online tools, Microsoft AI, and other features added to Office 365 in the past month are:
- Translator in Word – Translate text and review or save the result as a regular document file. Supports 60 languages.
- Tell Me support – Office 365 commercial subscribers can search across their organisation, share files with colleagues, and preview and re-use slides, graphs, and tables from previous documents.
- Learning Tools in Word on iPad – Word on iPad supports Immersive Reader and Read Aloud, new tools that allow documents to be read back with simultaneous highlighting.
- OneDrive Files On-Demand – Access OneDrive and SharePoint files like any file on your PC.
- 3D files in OneDrive – New 3D support in OneDrive helps you organise and share 3D objects.
Microsoft said it continues to make Office.com and its browser-based applications more powerful, with features like:
- Visio Online – Visio subscribers can create, edit, and share diagrams online.
- MyAnalytics – Microsoft has introduced new features in MyAnalytics that help you visualise the time you spend with individuals and groups.
- LinkedIn profiles in Outlook.com – The ability for commercial Office 365 subscribers to view LinkedIn profile information within Microsoft services.