Apple has released iOS 11.2 for its mobile devices.
The update measured 430MB when downloaded by MyBroadband on an iPhone X.
All the new features in iOS 11.2 – including Apple Pay – are detailed below.
iOS 11.2 features
Apple Pay Cash (US Only)
- Send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri.
Other improvements and fixes
- Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories.
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X.
- Improves video camera stabilisation.
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show.
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete.
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear.
- Improves stability in Calendar.
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock screen.
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded.
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map.
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message.
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results.
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly.
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music.
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications.