Mozilla has released its Firefox 59.0 “Quantum” browser.
The browser supports GNU/Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, and iOS and Android mobile devices.
Mozilla said the latest version of Firefox features multiple performance enhancements. These include:
- Various security fixes.
- Faster load times for content on the Firefox Home page
- Faster page load times (by loading either from the networked cache or the cache on the user’s hard drive).
- Improved graphics rendering using Off-Main-Thread Painting for Mac users.
- Drag-and-drop to rearrange Top Sites on the Firefox Home page.
- Added features for Firefox Screenshots.
- Enhanced WebExtensions API including better support for decentralised protocols and the ability to dynamically register content scripts.
On Firefox for Android, support for sites that stream video using the HLS protocol has also been added, said Mozilla.