WhatsApp has launched new features for Groups on the platform.
The company stated that chat groups are an important part of the WhatsApp experience, and it has decided to implement improvements to the functionality.
The new features are:
- Group description – A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group.
- Admin controls – In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description.
- Group catch up – When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button.
- Participant search – Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admin permissions – Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.
“We’ve also introduced protection so users can’t be repeatedly added to groups they’ve left,” said WhatsApp.
These features are available for Android and iPhone users today.