Nu Metro and Ster-Kinekor have implemented their annual price adjustments.
Ster-Kinekor’s increases reached as high as 9.8%, although the majority of its adjustments were below the 5.3% inflation rate for 2017.
Nu Metro hiked the prices of Scene VIP tickets for 3D and 2D shows by 22% and 40% at most cinema complexes – with the price of 2D and 3D shows now the same.
Woodlands cinema was the exception, where 3D Scene VIP tickets increased by 8.7% and 2D tickets increased by 10%.
To see how the companies’ prices now compare against one another, we have summaries their movie ticket fees below.
The table below compares Ster-Kinekor and Nu Metro’s ticket prices.
Ster-Kinekor’s cheapest cinema complex is in Sterland, while Nu Metro’s is in Worcester.
|Ster-Kinekor||Nu Metro||Ster-Kinekor||Nu Metro|
Nu Metro and Ster-Kinekor both run programmes that offer ticket discounts – as detailed in the table below.
|Ster-Kinekor||2D||3D||Prestige/VIP (2D)||Prestige/VIP (3D)||IMAX/Xtreme|
|Tuesday – Club||50% off||50% off||50% off||50% off||50% off|
|Pick ‘n Pay Smart Shopper||R30 (3,000 points)||–||–||–||–|
|Standard Bank||Buy 4 tickets with gold credit card (or higher) and pay for 3|
|Nu Metro||2D||3D||Prestige/VIP (2D)||Prestige/VIP (3D)||IMAX/Xtreme|
The following must be noted with regards to the discount values above:
- Momentum Multiply – Dependant on your status in the programme.
- Clicks ClubCard – Valid for 2 tickets per day, Monday to Friday, and excludes Scene Xtreme, 4DX, and certain VIP cinemas.
- Sanlam Reality – Buy a medium popcorn and drink for R30 with every discounted ticket. Excludes Scene Xtreme, VIP, and 4DX.
- SK Club – 50% off one movie ticket, for Tuesdays, including 3D movies, Cine Prestige, IMAX, and movies in their first week of release.
- Edgars Club – Buy two tickets for the price of one.
- Absa – Exchange Rewards cash for up to 12 standard 2D or 3D Nu Metro tickets per year. Nu Metro Worcester, Scene Xtreme, Scene VIP, and 4DX are excluded.