Samsung will make use of a revised naming scheme for future smart phones after the success of the Samsung Galaxy S series.
Classes such as Galaxy, Wave and Omnia will remain to differentiate between the operating systems used by the smart phones, though new sub-categories under these classes will make use of a single letter.
The Galaxy class will now make use of the following:
- R: Royal, refined. This will be reserved for premium devices.
- W: Wonder. High end devices will make use of W.
- M: Magical. Mid range devices get the M naming scheme.
- Y: Young-minded. Entry level models will sport a Y.
Other changes to the naming scheme include:
- Numbers: New versions of phones will find a number after the letter, similar to the Galaxy S 2.
- Plus: Phones with improved specifications that don’t received significant design changes will get a plus added on.
- Pro: Pro phones will feature a QWERTY keyboard.
- LTE: Phones that feature LTE support will get LTE in the name.
Read the full story over at: Unwired View.