Any person who damaged property during the scheduled e-toll protests would have to face the law, government said on Thursday.
“Government calls on marchers to exercise their right to protest within the ambit of the law,” said spokesman Thabo Masebe.
“I think if government doesn’t listen, then people will have no choice but to go and demolish those toll-gates,” he said at a press briefing on Wednesday.
Speaking to EyeWitness News on Thursday morning, Dakile, however, said he had been misunderstood and explained that he meant to say that government officials who tore down houses in Lenasia several weeks ago should also tear down the tolls.
The houses had reportedly been illegally constructed on land meant for government housing.
The anti-toll protests would be staged on Friday by members of the Congress of the SA Trade Unions and the public in Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Cosatu general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi said this was just the beginning.
“On the 6th of December we are not only going to march, but give the government a little dose of what to expect in March if they pass that law and try to force implementation of the e-tolls,” he said.
Government officials said they would be closely monitoring the demonstrations.
Meanwhile, the High Court in Pretoria is yet to deliver its verdict on the fate of the tolls.