M-Net Stars, SET (Sony Entertainment Television), ANIMAX, ONE GOSPEL and Style Network Channel, will all be launched in space of a week, starting from 1 November.
Says Nolo Letele MultiChoice CEO “The addition of these channels is in line with our commitment to continually enrich and enhance the television viewing experience of our subscribers. In addition to upgrading our interactive services on a regular basis, bringing the best channels from around the world remains our key priority.”
Multichoice says that the new channels boast a wider appeal across genres and age groups. “The DStv bouquet has been growing to adapt to changing and growing customer needs and today the premium bouquet has more than 75 channels, 40 audio and 28 radio channelsm.”
The new line up of channels will be launched as follows;
- M-Net Stars on 1 November – A ‘feel-good’movie channel promising a ‘premier a day’
- Sony Entertainment Television (SET) on 2 November – This channel will target a broad spectrum of viewers in the 16 to 49 age group with movies drama and comedies
- Animax on 3 November – Animax is a channel 100% dedicated to Japanese anime, targeting viewers aged 15 to 29
- One Gospel on 4 November – Viewers can see content from both famous and up-and-coming Gospel artists.
- Style Network Channel on 5 November – Programmes such as Style Star, Fashion Police, Modern girls guide to life and Fashion Trance should appeal to the young female audience