Google Maps has announced a list of the most popular locations in South Africa.
As part of its 15th anniversary, the world’s top navigation app revealed its users’ most highly-rated restaurants, bars and tourist locations in and around Johannesburg and Cape Town.
“South Africa has an abundance of places to eat, drink and be merry. Tourists flock to our country because there’s so much to see and do, and our exchange rate is favourable for most,” Google South Africa said.
Google Maps lets people review places they’ve visited on the app and then provides these ratings to other users.
Below are the top three locations for each category in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- Ana-Paula’s Coffee Shop – Krugersdorp
- The Marabi Club – New Doornfontein
- Ristorant La Trinita – Kyalami
- Sin+Tax – Randburg
- The Blind Tiger – Parkview
- Trump’s Grillhouse and Butcher – Sandton
- Nizamiye Mosque – Midrand
- Madhya Kailash Temple – Midrand
- Hashtag Escape – Norwood
- La Petite Colombe – Franschhoek
- La Colombe – Constantia
- Moro Gelato – Sea Point
- The Gin Bar – City Centre
- Cause Effect – V&A Waterfront
- The Biggest Little Beer Shop – Belville
- Parapax Paragliding Cape Town – Porterville and Hermanus
- Muir Street Mosque – Zonnebloem
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden – Newlands