You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

  • Tutu's White Tax is racist: FF Plus

    Calls made by Archbishop Desmond Tutu for white South African's to be taxed was racist and thoughtless, the Freedom Front Plus said on Saturday.

    "It borders on the emotional statements of (ANC Youth League president) Julius Malema and does not contribute to the debate on how to address the country's economic problems properly," FF Plus spokesman Anton Alberts said.

    Tutu, who spoke at a book launch at the University of Stellenbosch in Cape Town on Thursday evening, said the damage apartheid caused was impossible to escape.

    He said white citizens needed to accept the obvious: "You all benefited from apartheid."

    "Your children could go to good schools. You lived in smart neighbourhoods. Yet so many of my fellow white citizens become upset when you mention this. Why? Some are crippled by shame and guilt and respond with self-justification or indifference.

    "Both attitudes make that we are less than we can be."

    However Alberts said in a statement it was improper to single out white people as they have contributed disproportionately more to the fiscus than any other group for the past 17 years.

    "The request for introspection and a greater moral contribution should instead be addressed to the ANC government itself."

    Tutu's race argument was so much more immoral if taking into account the fact that there were already more than 600, 000 poor whites, he said.

    "Taxes levied on white people will merely be damaging social cohesion and will not contribute anything toward a sustainable economy."
    Comments 172 Comments
    1. rpm's Avatar
      rpm -
      Calls made by Archbishop Desmond Tutu for white South African's to be taxed was racist and thoughtless, the Freedom Front Plus said on Saturday. "It borders on the emotional statements of (ANC Youth League president) Julius Malema and does not contribute to the debate on how to address the country's economic problems properly," FF Plus spokesman Anton Alberts said.
    1. Fudzy's Avatar
      Fudzy -
      Tutu's race argument was so much more immoral if taking into account the fact that there were already more than 600, 000 poor whites, he said.
      Only 600,000?!?! Of 45 odd million people?
    1. marine1's Avatar
      marine1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
      Only 600,000?!?! Of 45 odd million people?
      600000 of about 4 million whites
    1. Greylor's Avatar
      Greylor -
      That was a serious fail there Fudzy...and you know it :P

      Knee-jerk posting = bad.
    1. boramk's Avatar
      boramk -
      Obviously its racist
    1. Rosaudio's Avatar
      Rosaudio -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
      Only 600,000?!?! Of 45 odd million people?
      Fail.
    1. Fudzy's Avatar
      Fudzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Greylor View Post
      That was a serious fail there Fudzy...and you know it :P

      Knee-jerk posting = bad.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rosaudio View Post
      Fail.
      Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
      600000 of about 4 million whites
      Hang on, before you all get on your high horses let's look at the numbers here.

      600,000 account for roughly 15% of all whites in the country.

      Would any like to hazard a guess as to the the percentage of unemployed black people there are out there? Ofcourse taken the 1:9 ratio into account?
    1. Tpex's Avatar
      Tpex -
      Jus what a 2 faced bloody hypocrite
    1. Vrotappel's Avatar
      Vrotappel -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
      Only 600,000?!?! Of 45 odd million people?
      Your point?
    1. Vrotappel's Avatar
      Vrotappel -
      Another + for the FF!
    1. Vrotappel's Avatar
      Vrotappel -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
      Hang on, before you all get on your high horses let's look at the numbers here.

      600,000 account for roughly 15% of all whites in the country.

      Would any like to hazard a guess as to the the percentage of unemployed black people there are out there? Ofcourse taken the 1:9 ratio into account?
      Who cares about the % of blacks? If you have children like there is no tomorrow what do you expect? What is your problem with whites anyway?
    1. Fudzy's Avatar
      Fudzy -
      Wow you fail at reading. Check my last post.
    1. Fudzy's Avatar
      Fudzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by VJB 449 View Post
      Who cares about the % of blacks? If you have children like there is no tomorrow what do you expect? What is your problem with whites anyway?
      My problem is only with ignorant whites.
    1. Greylor's Avatar
      Greylor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
      Hang on, before you all get on your high horses let's look at the numbers here.

      600,000 account for roughly 15% of all whites in the country.

      Would any like to hazard a guess as to the the percentage of unemployed black people there are out there? Ofcourse taken the 1:9 ratio into account?
      Nice attempt at a recovery.
    1. Fudzy's Avatar
      Fudzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Greylor View Post
      Nice attempt at a recovery.
      Well phantom if it's percieved like that then please, by all means. Show me that there isn't an inconsistent ratio between the two figures.
    1. DigitalSoldier's Avatar
      DigitalSoldier -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
      My problem is only with ignorant whites.
      looking at your posts we can assume you dislike all whites. Iirc, you even tried to defend malemas kill the boer song.



      Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App
    1. marine1's Avatar
      marine1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSoldier View Post
      looking at your posts we can assume you dislike all whites. Iirc, you even tried to defend malemas kill the boer song.



      Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App
      Whites, Jews, the list goes on
    1. Fudzy's Avatar
      Fudzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSoldier View Post
      looking at your posts we can assume you dislike all whites. Iirc, you even tried to defend malemas kill the boer song.
      Lol, as a white, maybe I'm not as weighed down by the guilt as you are hence the constant personal attacks. Why not rather try answer the questions I raise?

      Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
      Whites, Jews, the list goes on
      What makes you think I don't like Jews?
    1. Fudzy's Avatar
      Fudzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by alf101 View Post
      Where do you get the 1:9 ratio?
      1 White person to every 9 black person? Assuming that there are 4 million whites to 45 million blacks of the total 49 million population.
    1. nakedpeanut's Avatar
      nakedpeanut -
      I would also like to know the total unemployed black vs white ratio.. But you gotto remember, most white families have 1-2 kids, with the odd few having 4 or more. Where as with blacks it is almost the opposite. This should also be taken into account when looking at unemployment statistics..
  • Advertisement 1

  • Advertisement 3

  • Advertisement 2