Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

• US doctor wants to microchip illegal immigrants

A doctor from Iowa who is hoping to be selected as a Republican Party candidate for congressional elections in November has called for illegal immigrants to be implanted with micro chips so their movements can be monitored, press reports said.

Patrick Bertroche, who is vying along with six other Republicans to be selected as the party's candidate for the third district in Iowa, was quoted as saying at a forum Monday that his solution for illegal immigrants was to "catch ’em... document ’em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going.
    "I actually support micro-chipping them," Bertroche was quoted as saying by the Cedar Rapids Gazette.

"I can micro-chip my dog so I can find it. Why can’t I micro-chip an illegal?" he wondered.

The following day, The Iowa Independent newspaper reported that Bertroche told them in a statement that his comment was intended as a "critical social commentary on how inane and radical the discussion has become regarding the immigration issue," and that he did not mean to compare immigrants to dogs.
    AFP tried to contact Bertroche at his campaign offices but got no reply.

The would-be Republican candidate made his controversial remarks as anger mounted in the United States and abroad over a new immigration law in Arizona, which allows police in the southwestern state that borders Mexico to question and detain anyone they believe may be an illegal immigrant.

It would also require anyone in the state to show a document proving their legal status, like a "green card" permanent residency document or a passport.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Tuesday that US officials are reviewing the constitutionality of the Arizona law, which has sparked massive protests and been branded as "misguided" by President Barack Obama and slammed as "unacceptable racial discrimination" by Mexican President Felipe Calderon.

SAPA
    Comments 3 Comments
      LazyLion -
      welcome to 1984.
      JHatman -
      The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. By all means tag Al'Qaida terrorists or murderers and rapists, but not bloody illegals wth...
      Tpex -
      Whats the point? Mexico is going to join with USA soon anyway....
  • Advertisement 3

• Advertisement 1