Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Electricity usage (and costs) of common household appliances

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mowgs View Post
    No box, just says 150w on the device itself and that you should not use it in the shower. It's a GHD. Would just like to know if it uses a lot of electricity or not really, just for interests sake
    They can definitely draw peaks of 300W when they heat up.

Blog Entries

I installed an Efergy Engage Hub Kit yesterday, interesting info so far.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 910
Size:  67.1 KB

Very useful thanks Debbie

Can someone with the Efergy post a pic of the DB showing the setup ? TIA.

Why don't the people make use of the sewerage that heaps up at the sewerage farms the can accumulat the gas in huge plastic containers and use the gas to run waterpumps that has gas generators it should reduce electricity usage greatly and also reduce water costs aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Dansan1984 View Post
    Why don't the people make use of the sewerage that heaps up at the sewerage farms the can accumulat the gas in huge plastic containers and use the gas to run waterpumps that has gas generators it should reduce electricity usage greatly and also reduce water costs aswell
    Why don't the people make use of the punctuation ....

Has anyone bought one of these yet? http://www.nanoview.co.za/

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by The_Traveller View Post
    Why don't the people make use of the punctuation ....
    Because they use smart devices ......

Quote Originally Posted by The_Traveller View Post
    Can someone with the Efergy post a pic of the DB showing the setup ? TIA.
    Very easy just clip it around the thickest red cable in the DB box. You'll see its the main red one going into the box...

We've had ours for years -and you can download the data to a computer - have kept records now for the same period - and you can establish exactly how much energy each and every device in your home uses....Was well worth spending the money on it.

I bought one of these http://www.smartkit.co.za/product/sonoff-pow/ (Disclaimer : our own store) as I was curious about my electricity use. I was sitting at 750 units in June and took it down to 433 in September by being a little more proactive on switching things off / standby etc. Also knowing what was using my power.

I connected one unit to an old deep freezer and the other to a multiplug, with my entertainment goodies (power amp / processor / PS4 and a music streamer). It shows both current and historical use of anything going through and very easy to install.

I think multiplug is a great way to see what things are using. After this month, I'll be moving to my PCs / printer etc to see what they use

Name:  pow.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  69.1 KB
    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Sonoff stuff

Name:  pow.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  69.1 KB
    What else do you have hooked into it? Is it just that module? I want to set up electricity monitoring in a number of places but I don't have any other home automation gear setup - what do I need in that case? </pestering questions>

Quote Originally Posted by AntiThesis View Post
    What else do you have hooked into it? Is it just that module? I want to set up electricity monitoring in a number of places but I don't have any other home automation gear setup - what do I need in that case? </pestering questions>
    It's literally just this unit fitted inline

It measures the consumption travelling through it and I connected one to a multiplug which I can move around. Your phone connects to it and that's it - you see whatever is flowing through it! In addition, you can switch it on/off remotely, schedule etc - but I'm just the energy meter

Name:  Untitled (Recovered).jpg
Views: 55
Size:  299.2 KB
    Last edited by Dolby; 13-10-2017 at 06:49 AM.
    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011