Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1680

Thread: Sites for Completely Free and Legal Software!

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit16 View Post
    Aye, but my work lappie still locks after five minutes of inactivity. Which I can understand in a corporate environment from a security point of view but not necessary when I am at home with no one else here
    I make use of a program called "DontSleep" http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/DontSleep

"Don't Sleep is a small portable program to prevent system shutdown, Standby, Hibernate, Turn Off and Restart."

Aye, but my work lappie still locks after five minutes of inactivity. Which I can understand in a corporate environment from a security point of view but not necessary when I am at home with no one else here
    Lol corporate IT fail. Restrictive policies but allow installation of unapproved software

Luckily I need local admin rights for the work I do, but the program is a run-only .exe that doesn't need to be installed

@Geezer I'll check that one out, thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swa View Post
    It's ignorant to think that reason and science necessarily leads to progress.

Blog Entries

Default Is OpenOffice Shutting Down? 4 Great Free Office Suite Alternatives

Back in the year 2002, we got a taste of what it would be like to not pay for Microsoft Office. Sun Microsystems released OpenOffice, a completely free office suite, which rivaled Microsoft Office’s offerings. But the sun might be setting on that legendary software.

OpenOffice was a trend setter. Users got a word processor, a spreadsheet, a presentation program, and a few other apps. It was a free download that worked on all platforms, including Linux, which Microsoft never supported. It was the best free office suite not made by Microsoft.

But now, Ars Technica is reporting that OpenOffice might be shutting down soon. Ever since Apache took over the software, it has been largely neglected. Most developers who helped with the open-source project moved to LibreOffice, a better Microsoft Office alternative that rose from OpenOffice’s neglect.
    If OpenOffice itself is saying you should look elsewhere, maybe it’s time to drop it and adopt a new, free office suite. Here are the best free and low-cost alternatives to OpenOffice....
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/openoff...-alternatives/
    Quote Originally Posted by Swa View Post
    It's ignorant to think that reason and science necessarily leads to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLion View Post
    If OpenOffice itself is saying you should look elsewhere, maybe it’s time to drop it and adopt a new, free office suite. Here are the best free and low-cost alternatives to OpenOffice....
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/openoff...-alternatives/
    I use Google Sheets/Docs.
    Handtekening

Any multi-solution for installing drivers on laptops without internet connection? Remember i saw one, long time ago, but can't find it(

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith75 View Post
    Any multi-solution for installing drivers on laptops without internet connection? Remember i saw one, long time ago, but can't find it(
    Snappy Driver Installer might be the one you are looking for.
    If the oncoming lights are blinding you, you are in the wrong lane. Turn around immediately for your own well being and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokstert View Post
    Snappy Driver Installer might be the one you are looking for.
    That looks decent, where does it pull the drivers from?

DriverPack Solution? You can download the ISO file (big) and run it via Daemon Tools. Not sure if it's free though

DriverPack Solution? You can download the ISO file (big) and run it via Daemon Tools. Not sure if it's free though
    DriverPack is free. its about 14gb in size.

Only use Snappydrivers if Driverpack fails to find driver.

Hello. I'm looking for an Excel replacement where the Find & Replace function is able to find certain strings and change the format of that cell e.g. background colour. Right now I have PlanMaker and LibreOffice Calc but they can't seem to do it. Kingsoft Office Spreadsheet was able to do it, but the adds got too much for me.

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by Friedpet View Post
    Hello. I'm looking for an Excel replacement where the Find & Replace function is able to find certain strings and change the format of that cell e.g. background colour. Right now I have PlanMaker and LibreOffice Calc but they can't seem to do it. Kingsoft Office Spreadsheet was able to do it, but the adds got too much for me.
    don't know if it does it, but google sheets?
    its cloud based so no waste in trying don't have to install or download anything
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Quote Originally Posted by Friedpet View Post
    Microsoft Office Online? Only needs a live account. Dunno if it has that advanced functionality tho.

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    don't know if it does it, but google sheets?
    its cloud based so no waste in trying don't have to install or download anything
    Just tried it, it can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Raithlin View Post
    Microsoft Office Online? Only needs a live account. Dunno if it has that advanced functionality tho.
    Also just tried it, it doesn't have that function.

Thanks though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112