Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Those little Suzuki "Jeep" thingies

As a new owner of a GWM Jeep JK - I have a whole NEW appreciate for the Suzuki Jimny after seeing one in stock guise at Hennops. Man that thing can climb.
    Last edited by skeptic_SA; 25-08-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: GWM added since they gonna buy Jeep apparently
    [O|||||||O]

Looks like a Micro Hummer with the square built and grill.

As for the dash, looks like it came straight out of a defender90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick333 View Post
    Is cannibalism colonialisms fault?

Next Suzuki Jimny spotted testing in run-up to Tokyo reveal

Next-gen SUV gets more rugged styling and upmarket interior; test car sighting follows leaked images

The next-generation Suzuki Jimny has been spotted testing in public for the first time, showing its more rugged look ahead of the Tokyo motor show.

The sighting follows images that were leaked onto the internet last month and confirms speculation that the SUV will use a more classic, cleaner design than its predecessor - an example of which can be seen in pictures.

Much of the design appears similar to that applied to the Mercedes-Benz G-Class, such as the squared-off wheel arches.

One of the leaked images (see gallery) shows the car's cabin, with a touchscreen infotainment system above an otherwise clunky dashboard, likely designed with function in mind so its buttons can be operated with gloves.

No technical specifications have been leaked, but sources expect Suzuki’s turbocharged 1.0-litre Boosterjet three-pot to be offered, with the brand’s naturally aspirated 1.2-litre a potential entry-point engine.

Unlike the Vitara, which was softened into a more road-biased model with its most recent update, the Jimny will likely retain an off-road focus in order to maintain its appeal.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...n-tokyo-reveal

Name:  Jimny 1.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  117.9 KB
    Name:  Jimny 2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  151.6 KB
    Name:  Jimny 3.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  117.3 KB

Finally, a new Jimny. Now please keep it under R300k and give us the decent infotainment system...
    DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post

That was the club one...

Suzuki reveals e-Survivor concept ahead of Tokyo motor show

Small, outlandish concept SUV imagines the Jimny and Vitara of the future

Suzuki has revealed the e-Survivor concept, a small, tough, convertible SUV, ahead of the Tokyo motor show in October.

As the name suggests, the e-Survivor is all-electric. It is illustrated to have an electric motor inside all four wheels, giving electric four-wheel drive.

Ultra-high ground clearance, huge wheel arches and almost nonexistent overhangs suggest class-leading approach and departure angles, and knobbly tyres cement its off-road ability. Suzuki also claims that lightweight construction is employed to improve this capability even further.

A two-seat layout and open roof hark back to the X-90 of the mid-1990s and Suzuki claims that the personalities behind the Jimny and Vitara are also present in the e-Survivor.

It’s built on a ladder frame, just like the upcoming Jimny, although the e-Survivor could be pitched at a market up to 100 years into the future, according to the brand.

In spite of the far-ahead projection, the e-Survivor still has a steering wheel and driver controls, suggesting that Suzuki predicts full autonomy will not reach this area of the market.

Suzuki celebrates its centenary in 2020, so the concept is akin to BMW’s Next 100 concepts revealed last year.

Also on Suzuki’s stand will be a series of minicar and kei car concepts, all destined for Suzuki’s native Japanese market.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...kyo-motor-show

Name:  Pic.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  81.1 KB

Suzuki targets 20% sales growth after launch of retro Jimny

Upcoming SUV is due later this month with a funky design; brand hopes it'll help to push European sales to 300,000 units

Suzuki believes its positioning as a maker of small, fun and innovative models, chiefly SUVs, can help it boost sales by 20% in Europe and continue its impressive growth.

The firm has had hits with the Ignis (pictured below) and Vitara in particular and its European director, Takanori Suzuki, said the company “had to have uniqueness that appeals to the market” or it wouldn’t be able to compete with larger and better resourced car makers.

Suzuki sold 245,000 cars in Europe last year for a 1.2% market share and, in its current financial year, sales are 20% up, year on year. “We’ve targeted 300,000 sales for a 1.5% market share,” said Suzuki.

Next up will be the launch of the Jimny micro-SUV, which will be revealed at the Tokyo motor show this month. Suzuki said the firm would never offer a model longer than the S-Cross. The firm is also investigating electric cars and will begin to offer them in the future, Suzuki confirmed.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...ch-retro-jimny

I am super excited to see the reveal!

Me too - I hope they gave a topless one and bring it back to SA - a nice cheap capable alternative to a Wrangler.... although I'll wait a few years, not supporting Suzuki SA on a new purchase again - it was a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    it was a nightmare.
    Why? I want to get a Suzuki...
    DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    Why? I want to get a Suzuki...
    Lack of customer service - Suzuki in Cape Town (Kenilworth), saw them at Canal Walk, asked them to call me for a test drive - they didn't.

After about a month I went there for a test drive, said I'll take the vehicle, but in a specific colour - wasn't available - asked when it would be available, they don't know - maybe with the next ship, had to ask them to find out, they said they'd get back to me (Wednesday).

On Friday I phoned a Johannesburg branch - they called back in two hours saying they have one for me. I notified Kenilworth on the Monday not to bother.

Thought my problems were over - then the Johannesburg branch started messing me around, kept saying the vehicle was on the way when it wasn't.

Lastly - the various options they fitted from Wizerd kept giving issues, bumper kept coming loose, underneath protection kept coming loose, snorkel was loose... had it eventually fixed privately. BUT - the aftermarket bumper started rusting in the first six months, raised it with Suzuki at almost every service, they washed their hands of it saying the after-market parts aren't Suzuki approved, even though both Wizerd and Suzuki claimed they were at time of sale. There were a few excuses for the rusting bumper, including that it wasn't intended for the coast, even though they had a workshop selling them here. (Also had a problem where something went wrong with the front shock - Suzuki again told me the lift kit wasn't approved, so I replaced everything with a proper suspension)

When I sold the vehicle the woman who bought it was quoted R4,500 to fix the bumpers shoddy treatment process and respray.
    Last edited by xrapidx; 05-10-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCO View Post
    I am super excited to see the reveal!
    Late October. There will be a dedicated thread to discuss

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
    Late October. There will be a dedicated thread to discuss
    Please just post that link in this thread so we can keep track
    Quote Originally Posted by Albereth View Post
    I think a true test of humanity is if you can see a dog as your best friend rather than as lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenbaas View Post
    Please just post that link in this thread so we can keep track
    Sure will do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567