Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neotel NeoConnect FAQ - General

Hmmm, you seem to be on a bit of a ranting spree...

Please could you deal with your issues in one thread rather than polluting other threads and ressurecting old ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeanjul View Post
    ...We were lied to by a consultant who said the adsl line through Telkom is SLOWER than the Neoconnect light!??
    Depends on which line you have, doesn't it? Did you report the consultant? What was the outcome? I would be interested to hear how Neotel's deals with these staff members.

I would not believe a word a salesman says. Most of them make commission on sales and are only motivated to sell you as much as possible in as little time. I'm referring to sales people in general and not Neotel specifically.

You should have done your research. The actual throughput is noted wherever the speed is mentioned. This can easily be compared to an ADSL account. If you are referring to latency, then you should have expected the latency to be higher. It is a wireless technology after all.

Regarding the number of Neotel complaints, how many Telkom/iBurst/Vodacom/MTN/CellC/Virgin complaints did you find? Probably thousands more. People do not come to the forum to discuss the wonderful service they just received.

Thumbs down Why do you have a forum then?

You say what you like, so why do you have a forum then? You speak about the company and maybe I am silly for trying to save any of your registered users not to be scammed. Oh yes, but we live in South Africa, we are used to being scammed and allowing the very companies, as you have very unashamedly pointed out and named, become complacent to their poor service delivery. So do something about it then, and dont condone the bad service. Have you thought that maybe postings will prompt other users joining Neotel. The one forum I have total respect for, that is getting positive feedback is Hello Peter. I have had a complaint posted about Neotel and within 1 hour had a complaints manager phone me back. Its worthwhile being a registered user there, because things get done there, without receiving petty comments of ppl who have nothing better to talk about!

Grandmaster

You say what you like, so why do you have a forum then? You speak about the company and maybe I am silly for trying to save any of your registered users not to be scammed.
    I don't have a forum or registered users. I do however want to make sure people have the facts so that they don't get scammed.

Oh yes, but we live in South Africa, we are used to being scammed and allowing the very companies, as you have very unashamedly pointed out and named, become complacent to their poor service delivery.
    Just because there are people who complain, does not necessarily mean that there is a problem with the service. Some people just like to complain.

I'm not complacent with poor service... If I do not like the service I receive, I take my money somewhere else.

Have you thought that maybe postings will prompt other users joining Neotel.
    Yes, I hope that they read my post. Hopefully they will be better informed when making their decision.

Its worthwhile being a registered user there, because things get done there, without receiving petty comments of ppl who have nothing better to talk about!
    Yes, that's the way to solve issues...

Forum is for discussions, PM's are for personal attacks or insults

Default WARNING ABOUT NEOTEL

Off the topic but a big warning.
    Neotel have picked up on the point that it is acceptable for a service provider in RSA to offer lack of courtesy, expertise and skill.
    Their call centre is manned by the most useless numb sculls i have ever dealt with. I mean, they are useless !!!
    I have had Neotel for 3 weeks now and already my phone has been replaced due to a faulty unit. Costing me THOUSANDS OF RANDS in down time. (No phone for 48 hrs.)
    Now my email has crashed. My customers are getting their emails to us bouncing back "Delivery Status Failure" which means THOUSANDS OF RANDS of business down the drain.
    The call centre is so bad now that they tell you " Someone will call you back "
    NO ONE CALLS YOU BACK !!
    The winner is....we had to sign a 2 year contrack. Now to cancel it we will have to go to court to sort this mess out.
    I hope they sink. They dont deserve our country and will only poison our existing terrible service provider market.

Default Naas Botha Vs NEOTEL

Drop kick Neotel back to where it came from.
    1. Call Centre is manned by NUMB SCULLS. Must be full of friends of friends.
    2. The equiment is antiquated
    3. The phone has problems (Black Screen freeze)
    4. 2 YEAR CONTRACT. Two years of Hell

BEWARE

Default It's not designed for business use...

The service is not designed for business use... I find it amusing that you'd put your entire business online with a brand new services, that's quite obviously going to have teething problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 8080 View Post
    Off the topic but a big warning.
    Neotel have picked up on the point that it is acceptable for a service provider in RSA to offer lack of courtesy, expertise and skill.
    Their call centre is manned by the most useless numb sculls i have ever dealt with. I mean, they are useless !!!
    I have had Neotel for 3 weeks now and already my phone has been replaced due to a faulty unit. Costing me THOUSANDS OF RANDS in down time. (No phone for 48 hrs.)
    Now my email has crashed. My customers are getting their emails to us bouncing back "Delivery Status Failure" which means THOUSANDS OF RANDS of business down the drain.
    The call centre is so bad now that they tell you " Someone will call you back "
    NO ONE CALLS YOU BACK !!
    The winner is....we had to sign a 2 year contrack. Now to cancel it we will have to go to court to sort this mess out.
    I hope they sink. They dont deserve our country and will only poison our existing terrible service provider market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotel View Post
    Can I use the Internet and make a phone call at the same time?

The NeoConnect Prime device is not really intended for use in offices with multiple computer and phone users. In an office that would normally have multiple lines, multiple devices could be used, but there will be alternatives (see question on SMME products below).

Does Neotel have NeoConnect products available for SMMEs?

Whilst NeoConnect Prime, and NeoConnect Lite can be used in a very small office or at home, they are best suited to an environment with a single computer, and where only one voice line is required.

Neotel will in due course be offering different NeoConnect services targeted at SMMEs and similar higher end users. An Ethernet port and fax support have been identified as necessary in this environment.

Is NeoConnect Prime broadband?

Neotel doesn’t call its 2.4 Mbps NeoConnect Prime service broadband. It refers instead to high-speed Internet. However, by this definition, many of the other so-called “broadband” offerings in South Africa, such as HSDPA and iBurst are not broadband either. The typical performance of NeoConnect Prime is similar to other advanced 3G services, since it’s based on similar technology.
    OmniVision Brand Solutions

http://www.omnibrand.co.za

Default NeoConnect Prime Package

I am also a brand new customer of NeoTel (2 weeks now), according to their speed guides (not even the marketing team) a user can expect between 300kb/s and 700kb/s download speeds. I am currently running the speed test offered by them on http://speedtest.neotel.co.za daily and I can not get any speeds higher than 150kb/s which according to my opinion is very slow for the price of a grand a month....my 3G gets about 1700kb/s on average, do the math....

Still I am for Neotel, I just hope they can sort the internet speeds out....Logged a couple of calls now....still awaiting response....

Can anyone with Neoconnect lite tell me how fast vids play on Youtube?

donGuan?? u get 150kb/s is that 150kb per second??

Cause 150kb/s is actually 1200kbps :>> (little over a full 1mbit)

Hi Napalm

I didn't get the memo that defines kb/s to mean kiloBytes per second.

The practice I am aware of is to contract Bytes with a capital letter B and bits with lower case b. In terms of ISO standards of course the capital letters should be reserved for surnames e.g Newtons are N, Joules are J but meters are m - so there is room to criticize Upper Case B as grandiose for Bytes.

Is it common practice to assume b/s is referring to Bytes and bps refers to bits?

This is of course on the verge of being off-topic but felt I'd post here as it feels a natural continuation of the discussion.

Capital B indicates Bytes.
    Lowercase b indicates bits.

Kilo
    Mega
    Giga
    Tera
    Peta
    Exa

milli
    micro
    nano
    pico
    femto
    atto

Keep this in mind and refer larger quantities to the upper range and smaller quantities to the lower range. Take note of the way it is typed.

Default Neotel Broadband Pricing :(

Hi there guys at Neotel,

Can you please explain to me why it is that Neotel offers 1.5gb at R299 per month. This is way expensive, seeing that Seacom is providing access to there huge 1.84tb international pipe at a FRACTION of the cost of SAT3.

I was under the impression that we would see more uncapped broadband acces at a very reduced rate, instead, were paying even more than in the past!

I cannot wrap my head around what Im reading on your web page regarding pricing, its just unbelievable!

I was so looking forward to Neotel being the company to dethrone the Telkom monster, but its not going to happen it seems, not even close!

And then the speeds average speed of Neotel's connections borders on dial-up. What's that all about.

Please advice

Andre du Toit

Quote Originally Posted by Rusticz View Post
    Hi there guys at Neotel,

Can you please explain to me why it is that Neotel offers 1.5gb at R299 per month. This is way expensive, seeing that Seacom is providing access to there huge 1.84tb international pipe at a FRACTION of the cost of SAT3.

I was under the impression that we would see more uncapped broadband acces at a very reduced rate, instead, were paying even more than in the past!

I cannot wrap my head around what Im reading on your web page regarding pricing, its just unbelievable!

I was so looking forward to Neotel being the company to dethrone the Telkom monster, but its not going to happen it seems, not even close!

And then the speeds average speed of Neotel's connections borders on dial-up. What's that all about.

Please advice

Andre du Toit
    I went on a neotel bundle before all the prices dropped, at the time it was the cheapest option. However, when the prices of the other service providers dropped and I wanted to move Neotel wanted to charge me R1600 fine for ending the contract early. wtf? I've now gotta stick the contract out with them or pay the fine. Not happy.

Anton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12