Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neotel NeoConnect FAQ - Technical

In response to various queries and comments, I have added an explanation to the FAQ on on open ports vs shaping.

The services themselves are not shaped. However, as explained, we close incoming ports by default for security - they can be opened per user on request. Once open, there should be no problem connecting to an incoming port via NeoConnect, since it's purely a layer 2 device. Of course, you do need to make sure that the ports aren't blocked somewhere else, such as in your computer's firewall.

Can we request that all ports are opened? or does it have to be a specific port?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

While this is wonderful news and i will be phoning neotel in minutes to organise an open port I am highly irritated that neotel did not make us aware of this sooner. Users have been complaining about this for months and i myself have phoned neotel on many occassions about this specific problem, but was always told that there was no blocking whatsoever on the ports.

For the record, thanks rep for the info.

+1 to the rep.

Maybe good for the average person that only does web browsing and e-mailing but, not so good for the average IT person.

What does the request look like, should we now "please explain" why we want ports open? Do we have to sign forms and what does it entail?

Default BLACK SCREEN

I have had Neotel for one month now. About 2 weeks ago the phone started freezing and had a blacked out screen. It required unplugging, removing the battery and reconnecting everything every time this happened. Neotel replaced the phone, leaving me without a phone in my business for 48hrs.
    Now the replacement phone has started doing the same thing.
    I now see that i am not the only one with this problem. If Neotel reads this, what are you doing about it !!
    At this rate, my business is going to suffer 2 years of hell.

Thumbs down ????

Quote Originally Posted by Neotel View Post
    In response to various queries and comments, I have added an explanation to the FAQ on on open ports vs shaping.

The services themselves are not shaped. However, as explained, we close incoming ports by default for security - they can be opened per user on request. Once open, there should be no problem connecting to an incoming port via NeoConnect, since it's purely a layer 2 device. Of course, you do need to make sure that the ports aren't blocked somewhere else, such as in your computer's firewall.

If this is the case why have I had to have my ports opened on at least four different occasions when I have only had the device for 1 month. Each time I get told it will take 48 hours (Why I don't know). So it seems that the ports automatically are closed after a certain amount of download or time. In the month the device has also had to be replaced once.

This is not a good start for Neotel.

What do I have to do to ensure they keep the ports opened?

This has been a frustrating first month.

Blog Entries

Whenever I "dial-up" using the NeoConnect Lite Device... I get an Error

Error 691: Access was denied because the username or password is invalid on the domain

We bought this device as a backup for our internet... but now that we need it it is not working.

We have tried using both passwords... "1234" and "neotel"
    Last edited by LazyLion; 22-01-2009 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swa View Post
    It's ignorant to think that reason and science necessarily leads to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCH View Post
    My Question: Can one upgrade to Rev A if one is one of the first adopters to Neotel, while still on contract? So if you get Rev 0 now, can one get Rev A when that comes out?
    There are several migration options available to you, including keeping your NeoConnect device at no cost to you; should you agree to a minimum term of commitment on your NeoFlex Data package. You can obtain more details on this from our call centre 0800 333 636.

Default ports

ive been trying for about a week now to get ports openned, sometimes i phone and they tell me the ports are open by default then ill phone again cause the ports appear not to be open and they tell me that they will open the ports, seems like neotel staff are really confused about port forwarding

Blog Entries

what is is lite speed compared to adsl?

I have been using it for a while and sometimes is faster than my work 384k ADSL line - but most of the time it is slower...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12