Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *READ FIRST* MTN Network Status & Issues (DNS, Throughput and Latency)

Lightbulb *READ FIRST* MTN Network Status & Issues (DNS, Throughput and Latency)

Since the begining of the year i have had connection problems with mtn connecting to EDGE or 3G on my cell phone...
    Countless times i have complained to MTN and a technician was sent to my house to test the signal. According to him the signal is fine which it does seem to be. I get 3G in most of the house except in my room where i use it the most, there i only get edge.
    Sometimes the E sign or the 3G sign starts flashing then goes off, it wont stablize, other times it connects but doesnt receive data, i will open up my phones browser, and try open google home page then i check my connection manager and data gets sent out but no data gets received, i open multiple programs that use internet connection and they all send data but receive none.. I asked the techie if there could be a problem on the MTN server and he said its very unliklely, but it seems that way to me.
    I do have an older sim card, the one before the 32k, but he informed me it wont make a differenve wat sim card i have.

Has anyone had this problem before or could perhaps shed some light on it?
    Thanks

Hi
    Have you tested a different handset at the same location?
    Also try forcing your handset to stay on 2G. Let me know what handset and I will tell you how.
    Regards
    “Rather be successful than victorious because in victory it means there was defeat &suffering,but in success it means failure was prevented &obstacles overcome”

I have locked it on 2G and 3G, still the same problem
    My sister has the same problem but not as often as mine, her phone is only 2G

I have a Nokia 6120c
    Is it a possiblity that it can be the sim card?

Hi
    Please can you PM me the following?
    Name:
    Cell Number
    Alt Contact Number
    Time you will be at the location with issues
    Thanks
    “Rather be successful than victorious because in victory it means there was defeat &suffering,but in success it means failure was prevented &obstacles overcome”

Dont think its the phone as i too have it and often get constant speeds of 1200 kb/s

A technician has been to my house before as it only happens evenings when the networks busy.. so that wont help

So no other suggestions?

Default YAAY!

Wehooo another night and once again I CANT make an EDGE/3G connection

Hi
    PM me the following:
    Cell Number (being used for Data):
    Area:
    Alternate contact:
    Name:
    Error/Issues:

Ill get someone to assist.
    Regards

Default This Is a New One

It's afternoon and mine and my sisters MTN GPRS/EDGE/3G isnt working, this is normally the case every evening from 7 onwards, not afternoon.. It starts to make a connection then just drops it.

Dr Data i did PM you twice, as you said i must, with my details and errors, but didn't hear more after that

Hi
    Sorry about that. Please PM me the following again:
    Both Numbers
    Area

I will setup traces to see. Once done I will let you know and we will look at the logs.

Regards
    DD

I also have the same problem my grprs is not working on both my fones. I foned customer care but they told me that there is no sign that there is a problem with the towers. I tried getting new setting and installed them and still I have the same problem...doesn't connect at all and it's been two days now and I really need to do some cellphone banking.

Help!!!
    Other men said they have seen angels,
    But I have seen thee...
    And thou art enough.

PM me your cell number you are using to connect. Together with your name and alternate contact number. I will assist

My connection has all but gone to hell as well.

lol glad im not the only one. As im typing this, i cannot make a connection..
    Dr Data it does work in the day, was just an exception on the 25-08-2008 when it didnt work in the day, its the evenings such as now, it wont ever make a connection, seems to me no reply from MTN servers as im trying to open Google hompage on my phones browser as well as an email app and in connection manager they are both sending data out which keeps climbing up, but received data stays on 0kB. Other times the EDGE sign comes on and before it stabalises it switches off never stabilising, over and over.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast