Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water filtration vacuum cleaners? Do they suck or suck? :D

It uses a cyclonic system, but also water filtration...

Basically the big particles go into a plastic container (which you just empty out when you're done, or when it gets too full - you can rinse it out as well, if it gets too dusty). The smaller dust particles get trapped in the water filter.

I empty the water bit every time I finish using it, so I don't have problems with it smelling nasty. I used to hate vacuuming and attempting to clean & empty the vacuum bag - it was always a mission, never really came clean, and just made more dust all over the place. This one is just soooo much easier and cleaner.

It's nice, because it works as a wet & dry vacuum cleaner, which is handy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by CathJ View Post
    It uses a cyclonic system, but also water filtration...

Basically the big particles go into a plastic container (which you just empty out when you're done, or when it gets too full - you can rinse it out as well, if it gets too dusty). The smaller dust particles get trapped in the water filter.

I empty the water bit every time I finish using it, so I don't have problems with it smelling nasty. I used to hate vacuuming and attempting to clean & empty the vacuum bag - it was always a mission, never really came clean, and just made more dust all over the place. This one is just soooo much easier and cleaner.

It's nice, because it works as a wet & dry vacuum cleaner, which is handy at times.
    Sold Me and the misses are off tomorrow for some shopping.

Master

We use the little Genesis and it works well, my only complaint is that it is damn noisy. Your neighbors will all know when you are using it.
    This space is available for advertising. Contact me for pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by dam View Post
    We use the little Genesis and it works well, my only complaint is that it is damn noisy. Your neighbors will all know when you are using it.
    My one that i have now rivals the sound barrier So thats fine, im not planning to vacuum for hours on end....and i can get some revenge for all the noise they make

I will pick up one too. Thanks guys and Gals (Deliberate capitalisation)

Yeah the Genesis works great. Until the maid decides that it's too much bother fitting this bit of pipe and clip on the inside and so leaves it out, so now the dust gets sucked in, goes straight over the surface of the water and up into the motor section, clogging up the tiny filter there after about 15 seconds of use. (The bit of pipe has now disappeared as well )

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    Yeah the Genesis works great. Until the maid decides that it's too much bother fitting this bit of pipe and clip on the inside and so leaves it out, so now the dust gets sucked in, goes straight over the surface of the water and up into the motor section, clogging up the tiny filter there after about 15 seconds of use. (The bit of pipe has now disappeared as well )
    Which "bit of pipe and clip on the inside"?
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

mmm, me thinks we will also be purchasing one. Ours is bad now, if you switch it on, all the dust gets blown back out almost immediately, making vacuuming useless and creating tons of dusting work
    Last edited by Hot_Chocolate; 07-08-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the best part about the mini genesis (the hydrovac) - you know how you normally get so hot when vacuuming? Well, the genesis sends out this blast of cool air, and it's directed towards you. So you get a nice cooling breeze while you work

Quote Originally Posted by CathJ View Post
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the best part about the mini genesis (the hydrovac) - you know how you normally get so hot when vacuuming? Well, the genesis sends out this blast of cool air, and it's directed towards you. So you get a nice cooling breeze while you work
    This is where I reiterate - make sure the water is fresh or you can imagine the "breeze" that will be wafting throughout the house.

And try not to tip it over - it doesnt like that
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Noted. dont pull the vacuum down the stairs

I've never seen one of these, are they good?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritinthesky View Post
    I've never seen one of these, are they good?
    Read the whole thread. On the Genesis Hydrovac that is.

Quote Originally Posted by UnoPanelvan View Post
    I will pick up one too. Thanks guys and Gals (Deliberate capitalisation)
    I forgot all about this until I walked in Makro Yesterday I saw vacuums and remembered the "Hydrovac". I promptly picked one up. I was a bit disappointed when I unpacked the unit as it looked like rather like an toy, compared to others I saw like the LG. But Boy can the Toy perform. I also then realised why the Ladies liked their "Toys" as it is small thus easy to use, move and handle as well as simple to operate and clean. Thus a no brainer when it comes to the ladies requirements.

Edit: PS, I am a bit concerned at the fact that when I opened the unit to clean after testing I found some dry dust on the underside of the lid, around the motor suction and filter, thus indicating dust removal is not as good as expected or at least as the HEPA filter standard. I will discuss this with Genesis as I expected the water filtration to remove all the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Which "bit of pipe and clip on the inside"?
    He is speaking about the real McCoy, The old BIG green machine.

i have the big green machine, works a treat if you work it properly. must keep water clean, must clean out after use, must have exactly 3 litres of water init. if you can keep those rules, its the best. my son HAD asthma, completly dust free room helped him big time!
    "Arrrrrrrrrrr..." : Piraticus 24:7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast