Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Water filtration vacuum cleaners? Do they suck or suck? :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    Anyone got one of these?

BISSELL 1400W Healthy Home Upright Deep Cleaner

https://www.makro.co.za/appliances/b...eaner-267308EA

Cheaper at Takealot: http://www.takealot.com/bissell-heal...r/PLID29984115
    We were looking at these ones today. Not entirely sure what to think about them. That said that is exactly the type of carpet washer we are looking for though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albereth View Post
    I think a true test of humanity is if you can see a dog as your best friend rather than as lunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    It works OK, but I am also of the opinion that most of the stuff on the market is crap. Buying anything under R2000 is a total waste of time to me. It will only last a year.

I must say though, that I agree with Leonidas. Vorwerk is a good brand if you can find it.
    Now that I think about it, my Mom had one of those things for many years!
    But then we also had a Karcher (Nice steel one) that lasted us 20 years.
    I have also had a look at the Karchers earlier on and there are still some nice ones but the moment you look at anything with brushes and carpet cleaning it immediately becomes an "industrial machine" :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Albereth View Post
    I think a true test of humanity is if you can see a dog as your best friend rather than as lunch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another bump of this thread. Didn't want to create a whole new one.

Are there any vacuum cleaners out there for less than 2 grand, that aren't useless? We've tried a number and they are all terrible.

The most recent being this Bissel which we paid R800 for from Game (which we thought was a lot and would get us something decent) Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439441767374.jpeg
Views: 1390
Size:  25.8 KB

It sucks up precisely 10g of small dust particles and then doesn't do much else. Also much more of a dusty faff to clean than the kind man in the store demonstrated.

:/
    Link to me on Samsung Rewards and earn a starting bonus. http://s-rewards.co.za/linkme.html?id=F341208769
    My BTC address:15fvnAGPvomWM9dkJ7DMcVEtae3NwVMXvD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also dont want to start new thread so here goes:

Looking to buy a extraction cleaner. My mother have the genesis big green extreme but it seems they are no longer for sale. Went to verimark today and they have the genesis hausmeister for R 5499.00

Is this the replacement one? The big green extreme had a water heater where this one dont seem to have it? So do any of you great people have the hausmeister and can give some advice?

Regards

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this one to be quite effective and takes up a lot of dust -Bissell Aerovac (R500 -R550) - http://bissell.co.za/Product/13/BSL216

You have to clean the filter after every use for maximum efficiency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hj2k_x View Post
    The most recent being this Bissel which we paid R800 for from Game (which we thought was a lot and would get us something decent) Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439441767374.jpeg
Views: 1390
Size:  25.8 KB

It sucks up precisely 10g of small dust particles and then doesn't do much else. Also much more of a dusty faff to clean than the kind man in the store demonstrated.

:/
    The Bissel vacuum works ok... it will probably last a couple of years and is easy to drag around.

To prevent having to clean the filter after every use: Seal the bottom of the "fine mesh cover" with sticky tape or prestik. This is where dirt bypasses the mesh and clogs the paper filter. The mesh rinses off easily and does catch most dust.

I've had to open the vacuum to clean inside once. Perhaps it was used without the filter in place.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CathJ View Post
    I have the small genesis as well - it's brilliant.

Not only do you have the fun of seeing how much you've vacuumed up (it's strangely rewarding!), it also seems to keep the floors cleaner - I have wood laminate flooring, and they seem to get dusty less frequently when using the genesis than any other vacuum cleaner.

It's one of the best things I've ever bought
    I am looking at splashing 1700 on the small Genesis from Takealot. Wondering how yours is doing, seven years later?
    Link to me on Samsung Rewards and earn a starting bonus. http://s-rewards.co.za/linkme.html?id=F341208769
    My BTC address:15fvnAGPvomWM9dkJ7DMcVEtae3NwVMXvD

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    vacuumed a piece of the living room carpet = dirty water =

Vacuumed the same part again, water is still dirty
    Carpets are filthy things, best not to have them as you simply cannot clean them.

Ripped out a carpet once and had a rash for a few days as well as respitory issues. Suspended a piece of the carpet on a wire grid & tried cleaning it with a karcher 720 pressure cleaner & chemical, after about 5 tries there was still crap coming out of it
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

My electrolux just stopped working after 2 years. Rather disappointed - cost about R1300.

I like the idea of water filtration - anyone tried the genesis hydro vac plus (I think that's the correct name).

Had a look at one at game today. suction seems pretty good.

takealot has them at 1799

I do hate the idea of buying an infomercial product!
    EcoHub.co.za - Health appliances, eco-friendly and sustainability products.

mySmallBusiness.co.za - The Community of Entrepreneurs

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karcher.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    I have this little fellow. It's suited my flat just fine.

Samsung Air Track 2000W

The Hepa filter, although I trust it's quite clean, I still imagine there being a warm dusty smell afterwards lingering in the room. Maybe it's just the heat and the movement of air.

Thing is with these kind of vaccuum cleaners, the more dust it collects the less it's power becomes. I don't wait for the dust to reach the bucket's max level. I empty it after every vaccuum.

My mom has a Shltsung , smaller model than the one here. What a piece of rubbish. If you have a bigger house you want a bigger machine. As you can see with all these there isn't cooling. This thing heats up in 5-10minutes, and switches off. Then you have to wait for the machine to cool off. Pay a bit more and get a bigger vac. I want to throw that thing out of the house. Tried to clean the car, did half, machine overheats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234