Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telephone wiring

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    (Picture)

Where is your filter on the beige wire?
    Intel I5 2500K 1155 | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator | EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ | 7.5TB | Corsair Graphite 600T

its plugged into the bottom jack

Quote Originally Posted by fragtion View Post
    Yup that's one of Telkom's standard jacks. Nice and easy: it's just have a pair of wires coming in, past the surge protector, and going out. You just need to keep the continuity between the two points you're wiring up, of those two pairs. You can't go wrong with Cat5 or Cat6 cable (computer networking cable) especially if it's shielded. Just be sure to use a TWISTED pair from the cat5/6, such as the Blue+Blue&White, or Green+Green&White, etc etc. If in doubt, get a professional , ie report a fault and get a Telkom technician to sort it out for you. Good luck
    You obviously dont understand what the OP is asking,he wants to rip out the existing wires (or just cut them off from the wall), where do the wires enter his property so he can take it from there.

OP The wires enter your house Via the phone pole, its usually a thickish black cable with wires inside it, then the wires are splitted to the jacks in your house.
    Intel I5 2500K 1155 | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator | EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ | 7.5TB | Corsair Graphite 600T

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    You obviously dont understand what the OP is asking,he wants to rip out the existing wires (or just cut them off from the wall), where do the wires enter his property so he can take it from there.

OP The wires enter your house Via the phone pole, its usually a thickish black cable with wires inside it, then the wires are splitted to the jacks in your house.
    I think you must have just failed to understand my response to him? If he wants to rewire the type of single-line setup as per his image (irrespective of whether it's outside or inside the property - although only Telkom is authorized to maintain the outside), then the point is that he needs to stick to a single twisted pair, of ideally (shielded) cat5/6 cable (because it's better than the cheaper telco wire), and then just link the points of each wire on each side (maintain the original circuit's continuity)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12