Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just when you thought it safe...

Grandmaster

Er, keep on message people.

Fishfly, I don't quite know how we get from blacklisting to bribes. Who is going to bribe whom? iBurst is going to bribe a debt collector so as to facilitate a blacklisting? Or bribe a credit bureau to accept a blacklisting? I.e. someone is going to bribe someone to have someone else blacklisted for the sake of R2 000.

We all have gripes about bad service in SA, etc etc., but, please, this is an absurd scenario.

Meanwhile, iBurst has now called after I posted on Hellopeter, and are 'investigating'. They apparently will call before the end of the day. I will follow Rapid's suggested modus operandus.

What galls me is that they are now prepared to investigate; if they had been more rigorous in their accounting, they would save both them and me time and aggravation.

Note: the date I gave in my original posting was wrong. This saga goes back to late 2006, and not 2007.
    Last edited by Rustum; 13-08-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Fishfly, I don't quite know how we get from blacklisting to bribes. Who is going to bribe whom? iBurst is going to bribe a debt collector so as to facilitate a blacklisting? Or bribe a credit bureau to accept a blacklisting? I.e. someone is going to bribe someone to have someone else blacklisted for the sake of R2 000.
    nah it's just my view on how things are being run in this Capitalist country... Everything is about money... fek the consumers they will PAY.

I also had an issue with iburst when my modem is deemed faulty 3 months down the line, it was replaced and I got charged R2300 for a modem that was suppose to be paid on a contract...

The way the Iburst accounts conducts accounting practices is comparable to a monkey running around looking for it's next meal...

Grandmaster

Default Thread ressurection

I can't f--king believe this. Go to original post in this thread...

This saga has been resurrected, this now after I thought that in 2008 the issue had finally been laid to rest (for an account closed Dec 2006 - January 2007) after complaining at Hello Peter, after receiving phonecalls from a Shabeer Omar at iBurst, after an email line in which he said he will investigate ran dead - i.e. in my mind, no further communication = resolution (I had given him references for their debits that had run against me).

iBurst had, for the past year, been completely outside of my mind's horizon. It didn't exist anymore, blissfully, as a concept in my mind and in my life, but now it just pops up, just like that.

What the f--k is this company? A chimera that haunts the consumer? How can it still exist if it's accounting department is still so f--ked up. Pardon my Finnish, but I am seething at the unbelievable, surreal incompetence.

People, stop f--king using iBurst. Let them sink irrevocably. Tweet them out of existence.

Hi Rustum.

Please send me your contact detail so that I may be of assistance.

I can help.......
    Kind Regards,

Bubbles Megabyte
    [email protected]

Grandmaster

Thanks Shaun.

You got mail.

If I'm not mistaken, you may have been the person I dealt with way back in Dec 2006 or January 2007...

Quote Originally Posted by Rustum View Post
    Thanks Shaun.

You got mail.

If I'm not mistaken, you may have been the person I dealt with way back in Dec 2006 or January 2007...
    Probably was ... he helped me out before, so you might just get lucky
    Vape Escape - For all your e-cigarette and vaping needs
    VapeHaven - Community driven vaping forum

Hi Rustum

After I have queried accounts I have found that this account was indeed handed over in error.

I apologise for this and the stress you have undergone.

Your account has been cleared and the agency informed.

Please should you wish to communicate your frustrations please call me on my cell.

Apologies again for the mistake.

Thank you for making us aware of this.
    Kind Regards,

Bubbles Megabyte
    [email protected]

Grandmaster

Shaun

thanks. Can you email me same please. And can you ask the credit collecting company to please do the same and email me, quoting their reference number for me, etc. I don't want to end up on a blacklist because of bureaucratic errors without any evidence in my favour, and thereby have a rerun of the saga.

While I appreciate your efforts and the speedy resolution of my case now, I am still deeply aggravated that the story reared it's ugly head again a year after I thought it had been resolved and thus dragging out my pitiful experiences with iBurst over three years. It's like encountering a past lover, 3 years after a bad break up, and s/he wants you to relive the break up again, the same way s/he made you do it last year. While all you ever wanted to do was forget about the whole sorry mess.

So, with all respect to you for your help, I remain a pissed off (past) customer of iBurst. I will do my utmost to warn people against opening accounts with iBurst.

Morning

You shall receive the relevant emails this morning regarding the zero balance and the agency clearance.

Apologies again for the error on our side.

Thanks
    Kind Regards,

Bubbles Megabyte
    [email protected]

Grandmaster

See

http://www.hellopeter.com/search_res...?search=Iburst

Quite a number of complaints against iBurst handing people over to debt collectors for settled accounts / blacklisting as bad creditors.
    South Africa needs World Class Broadband at World Competitive Prices.

Wugger

Like I said before, ibusts biggest problem is themselves. Don't touch them. Ever. Not even while wearing a HEV suit.

Grandmaster

A remark on the side:

The number of really bad issues (such as being wrongly handed over for bad debt) is most probably an indication that the new boss is true to his word: He will sort out billing.

The number of complaints here and on HelloPeter the past few days on billing problems indicates high activity in the billing department.

Myself had a nasty e-mail telling me I'm in arrears, and have to pay up otherwise they will kill my service... but they forgot to mention how much I was in arrears - turned out to by R79 and it will be added to the net debit run (Thanks Shaun for your forwarding of not so nice mails from me!)

let's hope the bad billing issues are sorted pretty soon. If billing could be as reliable as the technical stuff (iBurst is almost always on for me...tho its is nearing "end of life" in terms of being called "broadband" - needs to be upped to 4MB/s in the next year or 2 to remain "Broadband"
    Last edited by kaspaas; 17-07-2009 at 09:01 AM.
    South Africa needs World Class Broadband at World Competitive Prices.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by kaspaas View Post
    A remark on the side:

The number of really bad issues (such as being wrongly handed over for bad debt) is most probably an indication that the new boss is true to his word: He will sort out billing.

The number of complaints here and on HelloPeter the past few days on billing problems indicates high activity in the billing department.

Myself had a nasty e-mail telling me I'm in arrears, and have to pay up otherwise they will kill my service... but they forgot to mention how much I was in arrears - turned out to by R79 and it will be added to the net debit run (Thanks Shaun for your forwarding of not so nice mails from me!)

let's hope the bad billing issues are sorted pretty soon. If billing could be as reliable as the technical stuff (iBurst is almost always on for me...tho its is nearing "end of life" in terms of being called "broadband" - needs to be upped to 4MB/s in the next year or 2 to remain "Broadband"
    Not quite Kaspaas; this billing issue - my particular one - goes back to 2007. Then, in 2008, I was handed to debt collectors; when I complained at HelloPeter, there were then, in 2008, already scores of people complaining about the same issue: unreconcilable claims from iBurst and being handed to debt collectors. I don't think it's a sign of things changing at all.

My sense is more that it is actually endemic and ingrained; increased activity at HelloPeter can also just point to more people becoming aware of both the billing issues and of HelloPeter's usefulness. I mean, how many people in 2007 realised that debit orders hadn't been running and suddenly they were being billed astronomical amounts - the point here is, generally, we put trust and faith in the billing and most people seldom check whether the right amounts are being debited if at all. As word gets around, perhaps more people are now checking up on their debit orders.

Further, the fact that many are incorrectly handed to debt collectors doesn't point to 'something being done' under a new boss. If that was the case, they would first do proper accounting on their own side, before handing over dossiers to debt collectors.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by iBurst View Post
    Morning

You shall receive the relevant emails this morning regarding the zero balance and the agency clearance.

Apologies again for the error on our side.

Thanks
    Hi Shaun

should I still expect the respective emails this evening, or Monday?

Thanks
    Rustum

This is a pretty nightmarish story, and makes me regret deleting all my old iBurst correspondence/invoices, even though I haven't been a client of theirs for many years. Just as you disappeared from their "system", perhaps I could mysteriously re-appear...

You'd think some sort of goodwill gesture on their part would be an obvious consumer relations move - a weekend in the country, perhaps? Or maybe you send them an invoice for your time wasted in dealing with their incompetence, and hand it over to a debt-collector when they don't respond?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast