Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: MTN Can I buy data bundle with top-up airtime? [answer: no]

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikslver View Post
    It's always been like this. Unfortunately.
    I tried using the USSD shortcodes and it permitted me to buy a R10 data bundle. My airtime balance was reduced by R10 after the purchase. However when I tried to purchase any other data bundle it gave me a message saying I have insufficient funds. I then checked to see if I could buy another R10 data bundle and it worked. So I think MTN is applying double standards bu allowing you to buy R10 data bundle but not more. I am on a Anytime 200 topup package.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.small View Post
    I tried using the USSD shortcodes and it permitted me to buy a R10 data bundle. My airtime balance was reduced by R10 after the purchase. However when I tried to purchase any other data bundle it gave me a message saying I have insufficient funds. I then checked to see if I could buy another R10 data bundle and it worked. So I think MTN is applying double standards bu allowing you to buy R10 data bundle but not more. I am on a Anytime 200 topup package.
    Have you ever loaded additional airtime onto that SIM card?

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Have you ever loaded additional airtime onto that SIM card?
    No, have never loaded any additional airtime. It allows me to purchase multiple R10 bundles only, nothing more.

hi, have there been any changes to these rules? i'm guessing that converting R10 of airtime to data will only give 35mb data?

with MTN Anytime100 you get 100 free minutes and 150mb data on an S2 contract but anyone who tops up with MTN data @ 29c per mb has got to be a retard.

please guys, is there a way of loading cheaper data.

tks

anybody there? MTN?

Default Can't buy data bundle

For some reason, it tells me that I have insufficient airtime whenever I try to buy a data bundle. I have R350 airtime loaded and it gives me the "insufficient airtime" message even when I try to buy a R10 data bundle. The airtime that is on comes from the R100 that I get on my contract every month. Are you not able to use your contract airtime to buy data bundles? That would be really retarded if that's the case.

MTN if so yes they are brain dead. I've R350 top up with a HUGE 10Mb pm.
    ALL POSTS ARE IN MY PERSONAL OPINION
    "Pray for Our President Zuma and his party, Julius Malema, and Zimbabwean Robert Mugabe... Psalm 109:8".

Default Re: MTN Can I buy data bundle with top-up airtime? [answer: no]

The answer to the thread title in the title, is a new one for a forum. Kill any need to view and participate in threads. Efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by CptNukeEm View Post
    For some reason, it tells me that I have insufficient airtime whenever I try to buy a data bundle. I have R350 airtime loaded and it gives me the "insufficient airtime" message even when I try to buy a R10 data bundle. The airtime that is on comes from the R100 that I get on my contract every month. Are you not able to use your contract airtime to buy data bundles? That would be really retarded if that's the case.
    Like cpu said - answer=no

It's a pity, but that's how MTN does it...

Also, be aware that the people in the MTN stores will tell you, emphatically, you *can* buy data with top-up airtime. They're lying through their teeth - an art at which MTN excels.

I bought a 75+25mb bundle this past weekend on MTN Top-Up 200 - did something change as I was never able to do so in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Reine_Viper View Post
    I bought a 75+25mb bundle this past weekend on MTN Top-Up 200 - did something change as I was never able to do so in the past?
    How did you "buy" it?
    Hibiscus Coast Photographic Society
    (previously known as: Hibiscus Coast Camera Club)

*141*6#

Tried again now but it shows need to load airtime - although I have allocated airtime as per the "top-up" contract.
    Guess I was lucky to have gotten away with it once?

May be the fact I loaded the 100mb from a little "dorpie" in Mpumalanga? Wouldn't think that would be relevant though - will see the next time I am out of JHB lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reine_Viper View Post
    *141*6#

Tried again now but it shows need to load airtime - although I have allocated airtime as per the "top-up" contract.
    Guess I was lucky to have gotten away with it once?

May be the fact I loaded the 100mb from a little "dorpie" in Mpumalanga? Wouldn't think that would be relevant though - will see the next time I am out of JHB lol
    I've tried that every now and again on my contract, and it's never worked.
    Hibiscus Coast Photographic Society
    (previously known as: Hibiscus Coast Camera Club)

It is really pathetic that I am not allowed to use my airtime the way I want to use it. I use a lot of data and so does mobile games, but I can't play most of these little games as they need to be connected to the internet and my phone doesn't allow me to connect to my computer so that I am able to leech the internet from my PC and thus making to update programs and such a true pain. I also do not see the point to load airtime when I already have airtime on my phone - If I could have converted my airtime (that I get from my contract) to internet data and that ran out then I would have loaded more airtime and convert that also to internet - Now I am super conservative with the data that I have and do not play games that requires a lot of internet data. As it stands now the contracts are not desirable and I pity the fact that I switced over to MTN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456