Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,759 of 1759

Thread: Screamer WiMax

Was wondering if screamer are ever going to review their uncapped prices. If it wasn't for the issue of not being able to get a line from Telkom I would have moved to Telkom ADSL in a heartbeat

I am moving to Lephalale (Ellisras) in January.

I understand that Screamer is available there. Are there any alternatives that anybody knows of in Lephalale as the place I am moving to has no ADSL line?

I am a gamer and would like to do online gaming which seems quite possible on Screamer. Any advice?

So a bit of a revive here, currently using their wimax and have done so for a few years now.
    Speeds are generally good, although at times the connection will drop every 2 minutes for 5 minutes and repeat for a few hours.

When its stable, expect ping times to local gaming servers to seriously rival adsl speeds. A friend down the road has ADSL and gets 10-20ms pings to gauteng servers, and im in the exact same range. CPT servers are a bit more, 30-40ms, but its the same on ADSL so... gaming = VERY POSSIBLE.

I do think however that they have cutback on their push forward, almost like they are happy with the amount of customers they get and dont want to get to big. this is just a guess though. The amount of staff seem to be very small(not nesacarily a bad thing, might just make it a bit trickier to sign up).

I do wish they would review their uncapped prices as they are horrific. Even the per GB prices are high at R30/GB off peak priority.

Overall, very happy though. Can always get throgh to their support, and they are always helpful when i do. Only thing is the line drops i get, and i think that mght be that our tower is overloaded as its always on weedends or after hours. Never happens when i work from home on the odd day, although i could just be lucky there

Quote Originally Posted by wadeholm View Post
    ...Overall, very happy though. Can always get throgh to their support, and they are always helpful when i do. Only thing is the line drops i get, and i think that mght be that our tower is overloaded as its always on weedends or after hours. Never happens when i work from home on the odd day, although i could just be lucky there
    I thought screamer telecoms got cancelled or something cos they were using someone else's spectrum? What option are you on?
    Im looking for an affordable mobile wireless uncapped and reasonably throttled service that will not use Telkom lines, the kind I can pay on a month to month basis and not be shackled by contracts,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118