Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 472 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 7080

Thread: Guess that car

Ain't she a beaut hey Bruce?
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by boxerulez View Post
    Fazda

Yes engine at the back
    Europe yes and no. So much no.

Thing

I am sure it was also designed for some offroad use alike the thing...

Definately would go into the Countryside.

1 knows of in South Africa...

Possibly the most scarce car in South Africa.

Note RHD.
    I see it was built by our friends down under with just over 1000 ever built

Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    <snip>

Sort of thing that I would go into the Country with my Buddy
    Ok... I see what you did there...
    Reality is just stuff, and you perceive it based on what's given to you | I don’t have dreams, I have realities. I have bills. I have struggles

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    VW something...so no.
    If unable to see this message, turn on Futurama now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Actually I did, but someone isn't following my clues!!

It's a VW Country Buddy.

In 1967, Volkswagen Australasia Ltd. started with a project vehicle designed for Australia's rough conditions. This vehicle, designated Country Buggy or Type 197, was designed by project head Volkswagen Australasia's Managing Director Rudi Herzmer and VW Engineer Cyril Harcourt in VW Australia's Clayton factory.

The Country Buggy was based on an Australian-made Type 1 platform with engine, gearbox and front axle from the Type 1. The rear swing axles had reduction gears from a 1st generation Volkswagen Transporter (1950–1967).

Originally, the idea was to make the Country Buggy an amphibious vehicle, however directives from VW Germany curtailed this vision.

The Country Buggy started production in July 1967, with exports to the Philippines, Singapore, New Zealand and some small Pacific nations.

The Country Buggies in the Philippines were marketed as the Sakbayan, a portmanteau of the Tagalog words "sasakyan" (vehicle) and "bayan" (nation, country, or people), and reflects the name of Volkswagen meaning "people's car" in German. In the Pam Grier film Black Mama, White Mama, several Country Buggies were seen as police vehicles. These were in fact the Sakbayans, as the filming location took place in the Philippines.

VW Australasia's Country Buggy also caught the attention of the chief heads in Wolfsburg, and one or two were sent to Wolfsburg for evaluation. In reality, VW was developing their own Country Buggy competitor, the Volkswagen 181.

A Country Buggy with a canvas awning style roof can be seen very clearly in an Australian Coca Cola commercial from 1969 featuring an Australian band called "The Executives"

The Country Buggy was not a big success. It had some early reliability problems which doomed it, as well as it being ahead of the market trend of the day.

Production ended in 1969 with only one thousand, nine-hundred fifty-six units built. Very few Country Buggies survive in the roads today, but Sakbayans are being restored in the Philippines following increasing interest in the original Volkswagen Beetle.In the Philippines at around these time of years −, the Volkswagen Sakbayan appears to be an assembled automobile in the Philippines in these type of car bodies:

a two-door coupe with windows and doors,
    and a roofed version of the coupe which has no doors, much like a jeep.
    Productions of these Sakbayans are referred in the commercials as a car that mixes the stamina of a truck and the affordability of a small car, in short, this is an all-around small car that can go off-road. At present, since these cars are rarely found in the roads, there are several car clubs that restore and show their Sakbayans as pride to the Philippine roads.

Actually I did, but someone isn't following my clues!!

It's a VW Country Buddy.
    Hey, I am not your buddy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by satanboy View Post
    Hey, I am not your buddy.

Did I say Buddy??

OOOps..

I cannot believe the automotive knowledge lies with so few on this forum. Its always just the same few of us in this thread. Whats wrong with the other folks?

They can't tell a boxer engine by its sound...

I cannot believe the automotive knowledge lies with so few on this forum. Its always just the same few of us in this thread. Whats wrong with the other folks?
    I have limited knowledge...I just like cars.

Blog Entries

I know, when I originally started this thread, I thought that most of the guys would have an idea and join in, but that hasn't been the case.

What has also amazed me is the fact that I can put up a well known car from say the 60's or 70's and nobody has a clue as to what it is.

I'm rather new to mbb and enjoy this thread. Its a good challenge and everyone is friendly and helpful even if you get it wrong.

What has also amazed me is the fact that I can put up a well known car from say the 60's or 70's and nobody has a clue as to what it is.
    That was before I was born

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug View Post
    I'm rather new to mbb and enjoy this thread. Its a good challenge and everyone is friendly and helpful even if you get it wrong.

That was before I was born
    Yes....BUT.... I can identify cars from the early 1900's onward - all before I was born, but I have always been interested in cars, and able to recognize almost anything on the road.

Welcome to the thread -it might be worth you looking through some of the older posts and you will discover a whole new world of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by satanboy View Post
    I have limited knowledge...I just like cars.
    ^^ Ditto ! But not all cars... some of these newer beasties are just horrid and all look the same to me !

Give me a quirky and idiosyncratic oldie to appreciate any day .
    Reality is just stuff, and you perceive it based on what's given to you | I don’t have dreams, I have realities. I have bills. I have struggles

+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 472 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432 ... LastLast