Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iburst has gone down the toilet!

Thumbs down Iburst has gone down the toilet!

I have been with Iburst for 2 and a half yrs and they have recently just fallen apart. I bought a bandwidth booster last month which didnt get loaded but they insisted it did and they just brushed me off. They debited my acc before I got paid (24th... who does that?) so it didnt go thru, but no-one tried to contact me to let me know of this and they just de-activated my acc. I sent through the online form on their website as I thought I forgot my password. It's been 4 days and I have heard nothing.
    The thing is , u can't call the helpdesk, because the call agents are clueless.

Its funny how M-Web, Neotel, Telkom etc etc, are now all competing for the ISP market and Iburst is basically handing their clients over to the competition, because customer care is a priority, believe it or not

/flush

*sigh* i was thinking about using them when moving to CPT *sigh*

Hi Krazyk

Please drop me a mail or SMS with your detail so that I may be of assistance.

Thanks
    Kind Regards,

Bubbles Megabyte
    [email protected]

Wink This is what you need to do

Quote Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
    I have been with Iburst for 2 and a half yrs and they have recently just fallen apart. I bought a bandwidth booster last month which didnt get loaded but they insisted it did and they just brushed me off. They debited my acc before I got paid (24th... who does that?) so it didnt go thru, but no-one tried to contact me to let me know of this and they just de-activated my acc. I sent through the online form on their website as I thought I forgot my password. It's been 4 days and I have heard nothing.
    The thing is , u can't call the helpdesk, because the call agents are clueless.

Its funny how M-Web, Neotel, Telkom etc etc, are now all competing for the ISP market and Iburst is basically handing their clients over to the competition, because customer care is a priority, believe it or not
    (1) Don't get mad, get even!
    (2) File a complaint regarding the issue at play with iBurst and clearly request a Reference Number (this is KEY!). If you get bull****ted by the first idiot, hangup and call again and the next moron will come around.
    (3) With this Reference Number in hand, contact the ICASA - Consumer Affairs Department. Send your communication via REGISTERED MAIL to the following address:

Consumer Protection Department
    Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA)
    Private Bag X10002
    Sandton

Therein indicate that iBurst has clearly committed unfair business practice and employed deceptive techniques in their attempt to defraud you. Include your iBurst Account number. Outline the problem briefly and that you are requesting an investigation of the matter without delay and that a CASE number be afforded to you at the earliest.

(4) In 2 to 3 weeks time from that point, you will receive a letter from ICASA indicating a CASE number and thereafter contact iBurst.
    (5) Tell iBurst that they are presently under review from the Regulator and that any monies ALLEGEDLY due are without merit and any funds deducted without merit be refunded immediately.
    (6) Within a week, iBurst will comply without contacting you (that's their modus operandi).

If MORE consumers did this a LOT more often than mindlessly complaining (with all due respect of course), operators and providers would get their heads out of their asses as now YOUR problem has become THEIR problem as you are hurting their bottom line.

Further to this though, if you want to include a complaint on hellopeter - do so, but be sure to WAIT for the ICASA case number and reference it in the complaint so that they know you mean business.

Best of luck

Hi Krazyk

Please send me your detail so that I may make contact.

Thank you
    Kind Regards,

Bubbles Megabyte
    [email protected]

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Cowboy View Post
    *sigh* i was thinking about using them when moving to CPT *sigh*
    You can, just use MWEB as the iBurst agent, you get iBurst but MWEB doesn't mess up the billing. You also get free 5 hours of WiFi at MWEB hotspots etc.
    Neko-nyan dansu! by Harenchi Punch! MST3K. Hitler goes Kaput!. Fravia's SearchLores Shills, trolls & meow wars.

I also have my iburst via a reseller and have never had account problems
    iBurst, MTN, Telkom Mobile
    Short replies - Not man of many words

Hi Krazyk

How can I assist if I cannot find you.

Please talk to me.

Thanks in advance.
    Kind Regards,

Bubbles Megabyte
    [email protected]

Don't think you will see him again - a 1 post phantom !!
    There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity

OK we tried.
    Kind Regards,

Bubbles Megabyte
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile2025 View Post
    I also have my iburst via a reseller and have never had account problems
    I can agree with that, my only gripe is the limited caps!!! else, I generally love my iBurps!
    BullShyte Baffles Brains...

Default sorry...have been busy

sorry guys, started a new job and been busy sorting myself out.
    Thanks for your suggestion Southbusiness ... I see there are ways for the little people to make waves
    I appreciate iburst trying to contact me in this thread.
    I mentioned I sent an email to iburst about me having authentication issues ... well, I got a reply mail yesterday ... it only took them about one week to respond to my login problems then at the bottom of the email it say "please to not hesitate to mail the iburst helpdesk" , ha ha ha.

anyway , just letting people know that iburst doesn't seem to be the company it once was, and I'm definately not a complaining person so u gotta know how badly I have been treated by them to vent like this.

+ Reply to Thread