Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RE: DISCONTINUATION OF MYWIRELESS

Default RE: DISCONTINUATION OF MYWIRELESS

Just got this from Sentech.....

1st September 2009

Dear Sir

RE: DISCONTINUATION OF MYWIRELESS

Sentech was a pioneer in the multi-media broadband market with the launch of MyWireless and BizNet in 2004. These products played an important enabling role in bringing multi-media to the South African market and were moderately successful.

However, due to the fast changing nature of the ICT market and entry of well-funded competitors, Sentech has not been able to sustain the momentum and growth of these products and services. In addition, the equipment delivering retail broadband services is now entering the planned redundancy period.

We therefore regret to advise you that Sentech is withdrawing from the retail telecommunications market. As a result the Company will discontinue the MyWireless service on 30 November 2009. You are kindly advised that our normal contractual arrangements will remain in force until the termination date.

In addition to our core business of Broadcasting Signal Distribution, Sentech will henceforth concentrate on offering a wholesale broadband network as a common platform for all service providers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valued patronage and to apologise for any inconvenience caused. If we can be of any assistance during the transition period please do not hesitate to contact our call centre on:

Tel: 086 073 6832
    E-mail: [email protected]

We thank you sincerely for your support.

Kind Regards

Mr. Riaan Emerich
    General Manager: Marketing & Sales

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

OhGats is going to be soooo happy
    MMA Un-caged

Super Grandmaster

Only about 5 years too late....
    VDSL 40Mb & Billion8800NXL | Unshaped Capped AfriHost, Line @ Telkom
    MYBroadband.co.za - Your electronic condom against those unwanted telecom infections !

OhGhats I am peeved, where do I go?? Iworst is not worth the trouble, Notel is too deurmekaar and never has coverage, the celery providers are a bunch of ripoff artists and helkom will take 20 years to install a line. eish!!! I have have sentech for over 3years and it has worked very well for me, with the occasional wobbly and no service from geendraad. I will be sad to see it go.
    I think at this moment I will go get 3g from helkom, assuming its available in my area.
    I survived MyWireless and lived to tell the tale.

The end has arrived... Tonight my adsl connected after a bit of a battle with the router. Sentech.... min dae is here. I wil miss you :-)
    Ironically apart from the letter about mywi's end I have had no further mail from nowire about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by OhGats View Post
    The end has arrived... Tonight my adsl connected after a bit of a battle with the router. Sentech.... min dae is here. I wil miss you :-)
    Ironically apart from the letter about mywi's end I have had no further mail from nowire about anything.
    Why am I not surprised? It's such a shame, really as they had such a huge head start on the competition. What should have happened is that it got spun off into a separate company answering only to market considerations. But of course, that could never have happened with the ANC panjandrums in charge. Instead, the private sector, market forces and its own internal disfunctionalities killed it off.
    Data bundles: At least if I get pomped, I'd like to enjoy it.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu sentech fu :<
    A f r i h o s t - R29/GB ADSL
    \/Happily Banking With Capitec \/

Bye Bye sentech, don't come back...ever.

Strangely enough I used the service for a few years and for my needs it was sufficient, rarely used more than 3GB per month. It was perfect for browsing/email and the odd iso download. Oh well...end of an era.

Blog Entries

My company had an unlimited package back in the day.

Good times.
    a2

#Trendingsucks

haha, we still owed them R10k, haha. Refused to pay back in the day because they couldn't maintain something RESEMBLING a stable service!

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Unbeliever's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What to do with all those Sentech routers now?

1. Door stop
    2. Paper weight
    3. Try to make it work on the iBurst network
    4. Try to make it work on 3G networks
    5. Burn it and post the video to youtube
    6. Use it as cultural weapon
    7. Sell it off on eBay for a large sum
    8. Chuck it into the recycling bin
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Award it as a trophy for bad service.

Super Grandmaster

Stinktech never knew what they had, MUCH less how to leverage it ...y'all know that the IPWireless hardware they used STILL, right now today, is capable of faster download speed than the tech iBurst uses? As in a 3Mb/s* downlink, compared with iBurst's 1Mb/s*? This tech really was the greatest waste, *sigh*

*yes, I know: theoretical, best case scenario

Grandmaster

It can take a simcard, can't one make some sort of use of it?
    Veritas vos liberabit

+ Reply to Thread