Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25657172737475
Results 1,111 to 1,119 of 1119

Thread: *READ FIRST* Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, Trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

I see there is a cool Vodacom Complaints page on Facebook..not run by Vodacom but independently run...

Basically the page is to expose poor service and ridiculous charges...

Check it out, looks like a good concept to me. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vodac...846359?fref=ts

1) Location : problem is occuring almost everywhere
    2) Time of issue: started 10 august. Problem ongoing. I returned to sa from eqypt on that day and that is when the problem started.
    3) Device: Samsung S6 edge
    4) Contract Type: Contract (open)
    5) Existing ref nr: have not received any feedback from vodacom
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results::.. Download Speed Test Result Details ..:::
    Download Connection Speed:: 1675 Kbps or 1.7 Mbps
    Download Speed Test Size:: 6.4 MB or 6528 kB or 6684672 bytes
    Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 209 kB/s
    Tested At:: http://TestMy.net Version 15
    Validation:: http://testmy.net/db/9rJWRDxQH
    TiP Measurement Summary:: Min 0.68 Mbps | Middle Avg 3.38 Mbps | Max 9.69 Mbps | 174% Variance
    TiP Data Points:: 1.99 Mbps, 3.01 Mbps, 4.94 Mbps, 6.82 Mbps, 8.34 Mbps, 9.69 Mbps, 6.54 Mbps, 3.88 Mbps, 2.88 Mbps, 1.98 Mbps, 1.14 Mbps, 0.68 Mbps, 0.75 Mbps, 1.46 Mbps, 1.87 Mbps, 1.47 Mbps, 0.98 Mbps, 0.99 Mbps, 1.35 Mbps
    Client Stats:: http://testmy.net/compID/3771809126
    Test Time:: 2015-11-14 20:26:17 Local Time
    Client Location:: Johannesburg, ZA ZA http://testmy.net/city/johannesburg_za
    Target:: London, GB http://uk.testmy.net
    Client Host:: Vodacom http://testmy.net/hoststats/vodacom
    Compare:: 45% slower than client avg, 68% slower than host avg, 39% slower than city avg, 52% slower than country avg, 90% slower than world index
    1MB Download in 4.9 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~1 Hour - 30X faster than 56K
    This test of exactly 6528 kB took 32.026 seconds to complete

My work is mostly based in kempton park but I travel all over jhb. I have had to acquire an mtn contract phone due to the fact that i can never make or receive calls from my vodacom phone. The data also keeps dropping. I honestly don't know what i would have done if i didn't have wifi (telkom) at home and at the office.
    I have reported this issue to vodacom numerous times. Im still waiting for the technical dep. to phone me (2 months later). I have sent 2 emails to customer care and also no response. I'm past being fed up. This really feels like contract breach ...

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El01 View Post
    1) Location : problem is occuring almost everywhere
    2) Time of issue: started 10 august. Problem ongoing. I returned to sa from eqypt on that day and that is when the problem started.
    3) Device: Samsung S6 edge
    4) Contract Type: Contract (open)
    5) Existing ref nr: have not received any feedback from vodacom
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results::.. Download Speed Test Result Details ..:::
    Download Connection Speed:: 1675 Kbps or 1.7 Mbps
    Download Speed Test Size:: 6.4 MB or 6528 kB or 6684672 bytes
    Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 209 kB/s
    Tested At:: http://TestMy.net Version 15
    Validation:: http://testmy.net/db/9rJWRDxQH
    TiP Measurement Summary:: Min 0.68 Mbps | Middle Avg 3.38 Mbps | Max 9.69 Mbps | 174% Variance
    TiP Data Points:: 1.99 Mbps, 3.01 Mbps, 4.94 Mbps, 6.82 Mbps, 8.34 Mbps, 9.69 Mbps, 6.54 Mbps, 3.88 Mbps, 2.88 Mbps, 1.98 Mbps, 1.14 Mbps, 0.68 Mbps, 0.75 Mbps, 1.46 Mbps, 1.87 Mbps, 1.47 Mbps, 0.98 Mbps, 0.99 Mbps, 1.35 Mbps
    Client Stats:: http://testmy.net/compID/3771809126
    Test Time:: 2015-11-14 20:26:17 Local Time
    Client Location:: Johannesburg, ZA ZA http://testmy.net/city/johannesburg_za
    Target:: London, GB http://uk.testmy.net
    Client Host:: Vodacom http://testmy.net/hoststats/vodacom
    Compare:: 45% slower than client avg, 68% slower than host avg, 39% slower than city avg, 52% slower than country avg, 90% slower than world index
    1MB Download in 4.9 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~1 Hour - 30X faster than 56K
    This test of exactly 6528 kB took 32.026 seconds to complete

My work is mostly based in kempton park but I travel all over jhb. I have had to acquire an mtn contract phone due to the fact that i can never make or receive calls from my vodacom phone. The data also keeps dropping. I honestly don't know what i would have done if i didn't have wifi (telkom) at home and at the office.
    I have reported this issue to vodacom numerous times. Im still waiting for the technical dep. to phone me (2 months later). I have sent 2 emails to customer care and also no response. I'm past being fed up. This really feels like contract breach ...
    Why not try forwarding those 2 emails to [email protected] instead. I am reasonably sure you will receive an response, these forums etc. at times are not the answer.

Default Vodacom International Bandwith Problems

Hi,

So There seems to be a bit of a situation with Vodacom and International Bandwith.
    Getting them to understand / verify this is proving relatively painful.

If anyone wants to get involved with this or have some recommendations, feel free to chip in / drop me a message.
    I am involved with the Vodacom Network dept at the moment, but the more data they have to work with, the better.
    Specifically, times & dates of occurrences of issues with services.

Environment:
    * I am based in Cape Town.
    * I am not the only one experiencing this issue.
    * Tests were ran on LTE & 3G (validated against tests ran on ADSL & Fibre)
    * Locations were primarily Century City (all base stations here directly linked to Vodacom CT hub) with secondary locations in Claremont, Gardens, Sea Point, Camps Bay.
    *Devices include iPhone 6 (mine), iPhone 6S, Galaxy 5, Galaxy 6, PC
    * Contract types range from 2 year post paid, 2 year top up, pre-paid

Problem:
    Brief: Local services work 100%, international not so much.
    Expanded:
    I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Apple Music has started stuttering for no reason. First I thought it was due to driving. This was not the case. It happens when stationary & driving. It also is not the Apple server as it works 100% the moment I connected to WiFi.

Long story short, a couple of friends asked me about similar issues (Instagram taking forever to load, google music & spotify stuttering, hangouts messages getting stuck on mobile data, ... ) and so I started investigating what on earth could be causing this. Vodacom of course was no help and told me to get a SIM swap...

I proceeded to start doing speed tests to various providers in SA and it all came back relatively ok (some much slower than others, but generally well above the 2mbps mark - which should be more than enough to stream music)

I then started testing international locations...
    while some servers in the EU seems to behave perfectly fine, there are quite a LOT of locations that give results slower than local EDGE speeds. I ran tests against the same servers using my PC at home and at the office, and they both gave good results.

Existing vodacom Reference Number: A1-XF78-DB617B (not sure if this is still the current active number as its been opened / closed / passed around quite a lot)
    Previous reference nr: S3-9OF2F-FLEEM

Some results I have with me at the moment:

Network: Vodacom (LTE)
    Destination: Vodacom CT
    Ping 18ms
    DL: 13.38mbps
    UL: 2.49mbps
    Date: 11:45, 23 December 2015

Network: IS (Fibre - 4mbps throttle)
    Destination: Orange, Solvakia
    Ping 182ms
    DL: 3.35mbps
    UL: 2.88mbps
    Date: 11:34, 23 December 2015

Ping 204ms
    DL: 0.13mbps
    UL: 3.00mbps
    Date: 11:31, 23 December 2015

Destination: Orange, Paris
    Ping 199ms
    DL: 0.14mbps
    UL: 6.40mbps
    Date: 14:42, 22 December 2015

Destination: Orange, Paris (France)
    Ping 956ms
    DL: 0.16mbps
    UL: 0.94mbps
    Date: 15:24, 17 December 2015

Destination: Orange, EU
    Ping 440ms
    DL: 0.26mbps
    UL: 4.04mbps
    Date: 10:57, 17 December 2015

Destination: Bouygues, Marseille (France)
    Ping 200ms
    DL: 0.07mbps
    UL: 5.33mbps
    Date: 10:49, 17 December 2015

Are you still having the same issue? I did some of the international tests in Century City over LTE with 20-30 Mbps downloads for all.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeNail View Post
    Hi,

So There seems to be a bit of a situation with Vodacom and International Bandwith.
    Getting them to understand / verify this is proving relatively painful.

If anyone wants to get involved with this or have some recommendations, feel free to chip in / drop me a message.
    I am involved with the Vodacom Network dept at the moment, but the more data they have to work with, the better.
    Specifically, times & dates of occurrences of issues with services.

Environment:
    * I am based in Cape Town.
    * I am not the only one experiencing this issue.
    * Tests were ran on LTE & 3G (validated against tests ran on ADSL & Fibre)
    * Locations were primarily Century City (all base stations here directly linked to Vodacom CT hub) with secondary locations in Claremont, Gardens, Sea Point, Camps Bay.
    *Devices include iPhone 6 (mine), iPhone 6S, Galaxy 5, Galaxy 6, PC
    * Contract types range from 2 year post paid, 2 year top up, pre-paid

Problem:
    Brief: Local services work 100%, international not so much.
    Expanded:
    I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Apple Music has started stuttering for no reason. First I thought it was due to driving. This was not the case. It happens when stationary & driving. It also is not the Apple server as it works 100% the moment I connected to WiFi.

Long story short, a couple of friends asked me about similar issues (Instagram taking forever to load, google music & spotify stuttering, hangouts messages getting stuck on mobile data, ... ) and so I started investigating what on earth could be causing this. Vodacom of course was no help and told me to get a SIM swap...

I proceeded to start doing speed tests to various providers in SA and it all came back relatively ok (some much slower than others, but generally well above the 2mbps mark - which should be more than enough to stream music)

I then started testing international locations...
    while some servers in the EU seems to behave perfectly fine, there are quite a LOT of locations that give results slower than local EDGE speeds. I ran tests against the same servers using my PC at home and at the office, and they both gave good results.

Existing vodacom Reference Number: A1-XF78-DB617B (not sure if this is still the current active number as its been opened / closed / passed around quite a lot)
    Previous reference nr: S3-9OF2F-FLEEM

Some results I have with me at the moment:

Destination: Vodacom CT
    Ping 18ms
    DL: 13.38mbps
    UL: 2.49mbps
    Date: 11:45, 23 December 2015

Network: IS (Fibre - 4mbps throttle)
    Ping 182ms
    DL: 3.35mbps
    UL: 2.88mbps
    Date: 11:34, 23 December 2015

Ping 204ms
    DL: 0.13mbps
    UL: 3.00mbps
    Date: 11:31, 23 December 2015

Destination: Orange, Paris
    Ping 199ms
    DL: 0.14mbps
    UL: 6.40mbps
    Date: 14:42, 22 December 2015

Destination: Orange, Paris (France)
    Ping 956ms
    DL: 0.16mbps
    UL: 0.94mbps
    Date: 15:24, 17 December 2015

Destination: Orange, EU
    Ping 440ms
    DL: 0.26mbps
    UL: 4.04mbps
    Date: 10:57, 17 December 2015

Destination: Bouygues, Marseille (France)
    Ping 200ms
    DL: 0.07mbps
    UL: 5.33mbps
    Date: 10:49, 17 December 2015

Quote Originally Posted by jmak View Post
    Are you still having the same issue? I did some of the international tests in Century City over LTE with 20-30 Mbps downloads for all.
    Hi,

I have been looking at this again the last couple of days and most services seem to be running well enough.

I've asked some friends and co-workers to confirm there aren't more problems when home / travelling and so on so will assume for now these issues has been fixed.

Its quite annoying that Vodacom still maintains 'there were no problems' :/ Even after I was willing to give them more than 50 cellphone numbers experiencing the same issues...

Speed test to random Orange Server in EU:
    ping: 223ms
    DL: 13.33mbps
    UL: 0.69mbps
    Source: Century City(4G)
    Dest: Orange (Bratislava)

Still not ideal. but most services don't require high upload speeds. MUCH better than ive seen since mid November anyway.

Hi there,

I have been having frustration with Vodacom since April 2015 and everytime I complain it seems the signal gets even worse. The past month I have been on no signal for most of the day. From promised emails from Vodacom technicians I was suppose to reply on (and never received) to recent follow up where the call centre lady promised to phone back once system is online (never heard from Thulofelo again) Im really getting angry and it is hard to keep calm. I have even factory reset my phone this week and only updated the necessary via my husbands mtn phone, using it as a wifi hotspot. Please step in. I cant deal with vodacom helpline anymore. We have 7 vodacom sim cards in our household of which 5 is contractual. Most devices now switched off because of lack of service bith client and signal wise.

For reporting New Problems in this thread (all the information is required):
    1) Location: Ugie district, eastern cape
    2) Time of issue: since April 2015 becoming intolerable since October
    3) Device: Huawei Y625-u32. Other devices amongst the 7 sims include Sony Experia, Samsung J1, Blackberry and Samsung Tablets so this is not phone type limited
    4) Contract Type (pre-paid, contract, hybrid): topup contract
    5) Existing reference numbers from 155: Phone got wiped but wrote latest ongoing complaint down luckily: A2-1XB0-PM210Z
    6) speed.vodacom.co.za results (if possible): no idea. Most of day dropped or no signal. Using a mtn phone as wifi hotspot of which we all will have limited access to once the work year start.

My complaint to vodacom stated security reasons as we live on a farm for past 4 years and only started having trouble since April. Farm attacks and a murder in our area is not helping this feeling.

Never had such poor service in my life. Unfortunately one can just not cancel a contract without financial setbacks in doing so. Is there anyway Vodacom could be held responsible for forcing one to honour the (seven) contracs but not fixing the problem after numerous complaints and follow ups should someone die due to lack of service and therefore failing loved ones should a distress call be necessary and it could have saved a life?

Anyone else experiencing slow speeds in Midrand today? Can't even do a speedtest on my phone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25657172737475