Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Testbunnies required for my app similar to RouteSentry

You're assuming their database is updated constantly for every country for every new IP section registered,whereas Routesentry and the like only need to know if it's South Africa or not
    50% off 1 month Afrihost Uncapped here
    Speak to me about Priority after-hours technical support and remote maintenance (Server and Desktop support)

Quote Originally Posted by PsyWulf View Post
    You're assuming their database is updated constantly for every country for every new IP section registered,whereas Routesentry and the like only need to know if it's South Africa or not
    Oh i see... yeah i did assume that... my bad... better leave the programming to the programmers

just got this error: Error: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.

StackTrace: at System.Number.ParseUInt32(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
    at System.Convert.ToUInt32(String value)
    at TrafficSplitter.Config.Load(Int64[][] stats)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at TrafficSplitter.Program.Main()

dono what it means

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

The-1, scumbag & d7e7r7: I've now hopefully fixed that statistics bug during the config load.

Here is my latest version: Traffic Splitter Beta 6.5 Setup: http://traffic-splitter.googlecode.c...terBeta6.5.zip

Changes:
    • Included button to check for new updates
    • Hopefully fixed System.Number.ParseUInt32 error
    • Included AsyncCallback to freeze UI thread when updating list of local routes
      (thanks to Neil Naidoo)

Many people wanted some form of automatic updates...
    I have implemented a very basic method now: Its simply a button that you click that download an .ini file containing the latest version. If the ini file's version is newer than your version, you will be provided the option to be directed to the download page where you could easily download the new setup.
    I think the setup should update your version without having to uninstalling it first. I think it refused to update in earlier versions due to my build version number not incrementing.

I didn't have much time this weekend/today to create a new setup and re-do all my code using the structure set out by Gladiator. For now this update has to do.

Thanks again for everyone's support.

Thanks pada for the awesome app and equally awesome support !!!

thanks Pada, will let you know if I still get the error. unfortunately I did still have to first uninstall before installing the new version.

Hey Pada,

Are you still waiting for Gladiator to help you by bringing the code up to industry standard before you introduce fixes for the known bugs?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Wikus, I've already received the code from Gladiator. I have fixed all the known "bugs" already, except for the one where it doesn't always detect that the PPPoE connection dropped
    He modified a fairly early version, so I was thinking about re-doing the whole project. Of course it shouldn't take me that long, because I've struggled with quite a few concepts at first - like manipulating the routing table with an API call and monitoring the PPPoE connection states, etc.

Gladiator didn't make major changes to my code though - due to my code not containing comments to assist him in understanding what all the functions do. He neatly organised the code into packages/folders, implemented proper error handling & logging, moved the string constants to a proper structure (that I've never used before)

I doubt that I'll make any changes to the current Beta version. I'll rather take a few weeks and re-do all my code.

Will we one day have to pay for this program?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

No, definitely not. I'm still wondering how I can make some form of donations possible without having intrusive advertising stuff added PayPal would've been easy, but my brother says that it doesn't work with RSA bank accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    No, definitely not. I'm still wondering how I can make some form of donations possible without having intrusive advertising stuff added PayPal would've been easy, but my brother says that it doesn't work with RSA bank accounts
    Nope it doesn't... but there are some online ones that work with South African bank accounts

Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Nope it doesn't... but there are some online ones that work with South African bank accounts
    Yeah such as Moneybookers

I am really sorry if I am being too sef serving, but could anyone create/or does anyone have a step by step guide (for major noobs like myself) detailing exactly how to setup up pada's traffic splitter?

I have gone through a lot of the posts but it makes very little sense to me Right now I'm staring at pada's app downloaded to my pc and wondering which of the many buttons to click?

Help... anyone!?!

Master

Wink Guide

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMan View Post
    I am really sorry if I am being too sef serving, but could anyone create/or does anyone have a step by step guide (for major noobs like myself) detailing exactly how to setup up pada's traffic splitter?

I have gone through a lot of the posts but it makes very little sense to me Right now I'm staring at pada's app downloaded to my pc and wondering which of the many buttons to click?

Help... anyone!?!
    If you are on Win 7 here is a guide to get the base settings needed for RS or TS: http://gaming.do.co.za/articles/loca..._gamers_p2.htm

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the guide Big Bean. I've sent you a PM with all the modifications that are required for that article - since I disagree on a couple of the instructions. If its not yours, then I apologise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast