Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Testbunnies required for my app similar to RouteSentry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Pada: Thx for the 14.42 update.
    It sorted out the problem and it is working fine now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Traffic Splitter on startup

Hey there Pada! Instead of RS I've settled on your incredible app

One thing though, how do I set it up so that it starts up with windows 7? I've tried adding it to the start-up menu, but it does not seem to be working. Only after clicking the exe file does it work. Can your app be automated in this way? Thanks again man.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey WatchMan, simply copy the shortcut to the Startup folder in the Start Menu.

Unfortunately with the current setup framework that I'm using, I don't want to create files outside the setup folder, since those files won't be removed once you uninstall my application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Pada... this is truly a great app... Works great... I was just wondering... why don't you have a feature that allows you to reset your usage? Like just a button that sets your usage back to 0...

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masked_Ichigo, thanks for the suggestion. I'll include that in my next release, which I can't say when it would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there Pada
    My current setup is Afrihost = int
    Telkomsa = Local.
    For some reason TS keep on loosing Telkomsa as local and reverts back to no interface selected.
    The setup b4 that was Telkomsa as intl
    WA IS = local

Any ideas?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RoMark, does that happen when you start the application? The reason it would revert to "No interface selected" is when it can't find the name of the interface that was previously selected and saved to the configuration file.

Could you give me the exact names of your network interfaces and enclose it within quotation marks
    Eg. my interface names are default: "Local Area Network" for International and "Wireless Area Network" for Local.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    RoMark, does that happen when you start the application? The reason it would revert to "No interface selected" is when it can't find the name of the interface that was previously selected and saved to the configuration file.

Could you give me the exact names of your network interfaces and enclose it within quotation marks
    Eg. my interface names are default: "Local Area Network" for International and "Wireless Area Network" for Local.
    Yes to your first question. I would setup intl and local and save it. If open TS again, Intl would still be there but local would indicate "No interface selected"

My setup are as follow for the first part of the month.
    5 x Pc's via lan cable = "Local area connection" (Telkomsa) = International & "WA" ( Web Africa IS local) = Local
    1 x Netbook via wireless = "Onboard NB" (Telkomsa) = International & "WA" (Web Africa IS local) = Local
    At times the "onboard NB" would change to "on" or "@" or "a very small compressed O" in the TS options, but would work when selected.

When international bandwidth on Telkomsa is finished and 30 GB local kicks in, the config will change to the following:

5 x PC's via lan cable = "Afrihost" = International & "Local area connection" (Telkomsa) = Local
    1 x Netbook via wireless = "Afrihost" = International & "Onboard NB" (Telkomsa) = Local

Both these setups worked for me without any real problems.

Yesterday I switched to the 2nd setup - Afrihost = International & Telkomsa as local.
    Afrihost / IS connection was very bad yesterday and today. I could reach some international sites sometimes, but mostly not. Google I could not reach at all.
    I'm not sure if that could play a roll, but since I changed to this config I started getting these errors on TS.

The errors are reflected on all the pc's and netbook.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks RoMark. I've sent you an E-mail regarding your issue.

If you're having difficulty accessing Google services on the international hosts, then try forcing them to the local IP address like follow:
    Force the following hostnames to point to the local Google IP address (196.23.168.147):

If you don't have a router capable of adding static DNS entries, then
    1. run: notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    2. and add the following lines to the bottom of the hosts file:
      Code:
      196.23.168.147 www.google.co.za
      196.23.168.147 www.l.google.com
      196.23.168.147 www.google.com
      196.23.168.147 mail.google.com
      196.23.168.147 chatenabled.mail.google.com
      196.23.168.147 traffic-splitter.googlecode.com
      196.23.168.147 code.google.com

If you had Internet Solutions as your ISP (using the 168.210.2.2 DNS server), then www.google.com would have already been on local cap for you, however Gmail wouldn't have been
    Last edited by Pada; 18-06-2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Added Google Code addresses to the list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    Thanks RoMark. I've sent you an E-mail regarding your issue.

If you're having difficulty accessing Google services on the international hosts, then try forcing them to the local IP address like follow:
    Force the following hostnames to point to the local Google IP address (196.23.168.147):

If you don't have a router capable of adding static DNS entries, then
    1. run: notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    2. and add the following lines to the bottom of the hosts file:
      Code:
      196.23.168.147 www.google.co.za
      196.23.168.147 www.l.google.com
      196.23.168.147 www.google.com
      196.23.168.147 mail.google.com
      196.23.168.147 chatenabled.mail.google.com
      196.23.168.147 traffic-splitter.googlecode.com
      196.23.168.147 code.google.com

If you had Internet Solutions as your ISP (using the 168.210.2.2 DNS server), then www.google.com would have already been on local cap for you, however Gmail wouldn't have been
    Thank you for all help

I haven't received the e-mail though? Is it possible to resend? I have changed my mail address now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pada

I get this error when trying to install your app:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.1
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    clr.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///F:/Applications/Internet%20&%20Email/Traffic%20Splitting/TrafficSplitterBeta6.14Build42/TrafficSplitterBeta.application
    Application url : file:///F:/Applications/Internet%20&%20Email/Traffic%20Splitting/TrafficSplitterBeta6.14Build42/Application%20Files/TrafficSplitterBeta_0_6_14_42/TrafficSplitterBeta.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity : TrafficSplitterBeta.application, Version=0.6.14.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d740f03d769fa7f, processorArchitecture=msil
    Application Identity : TrafficSplitterBeta.exe, Version=0.6.14.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d740f03d769fa7f, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Value does not fall within the expected range.
    * Activation of F:\Applications\Internet & Email\Traffic Splitting\TrafficSplitterBeta6.14Build42\TrafficSp litterBeta.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:29 PM] : Activation of F:\Applications\Internet & Email\Traffic Splitting\TrafficSplitterBeta6.14Build42\TrafficSp litterBeta.application has started.
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:29 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:29 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:29 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:30 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 2.0.50727.
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:30 PM] : Detecting dependent assembly Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil using Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil.
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:30 PM] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:30 PM] System.ArgumentException
    - Value does not fall within the expected range.
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAp pId.EnumAppPath()
    at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifest s(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
    at System.ActivationContext.CreatePartialActivationCo ntext(ApplicationIdentity identity, String[] manifestPaths)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    * [2010/07/03 02:17:30 PM] System.ArgumentException
    - Value does not fall within the expected range.
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAp pId.EnumAppPath()
    at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifest s(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
    at System.ActivationContext.CreatePartialActivationCo ntext(ApplicationIdentity identity, String[] manifestPaths)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

I am using Windows 7 64bit and have an admin account.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random_Sheep, unfortunately I have no idea how to solve those stupid setup errors.

Here's my latest version that is already installed: http://www.quickshare.co.za/files/p9...ild43.zip.html
    Simply download that file, create a folder and extract it into that folder. Once you've extracted it, create a shortcut to TrafficSplitterBeta.exe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey PAda

ts used to work properly at the beginnig 4me...now im getting this:
    2010/07/04 01:44:18 PM : [DEBUG] : Successfully imported routes from introutes.dat
    2010/07/04 01:44:18 PM : [DEBUG] : Successfully imported routes from localroutes.dat
    2010/07/04 01:44:18 PM : [DEBUG] : Successfully imported routes from auxroutes.dat
    2010/07/04 01:44:18 PM : [DEBUG] : Successfully imported routes from aux2routes.dat
    2010/07/04 01:44:18 PM : [DEBUG] : Successfully imported routes from aux3routes.dat
    2010/07/04 01:44:18 PM : [DEBUG] Unable to open phone book for all users
    2010/07/04 01:44:18 PM : [DEBUG] 'name' cannot be a null reference or empty string.
    Parameter name: name

>>under network interface it allows me 2pik between my pppoe accs and not my dial ups.I use dial ups because i get 2 of them 2 work at the same time whilst my pppoe accs fail to connect together.

any help will be much appreciated

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEF: are you talking about 'dialup' such as in 56k / HSDPA modem connections? My application should show those.

Could you perhaps tell me what version you're using and if you're running the application with Administrative privileges or not?

The error that appeared in the log simply means that there doesn't exist any dialup/PPPoE connections for 'All Users', instead only for your user.
    Last edited by Pada; 04-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Doesnt see connections

I followed all the steps on how to setup Traffic Splitter, but when I ran it, it didn't see my connections. It only saw my "Local Area Connection".
    I tried Route Sentry and it had the same problem.

Any ideas how to fix it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast