Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Testbunnies required for my app similar to RouteSentry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pada .. if i connect both connections it is fine .. but as soon as i click "set up routes" i get this:

11/15/2009 10:35:05 PM : [ERROR] Unable to manipulate routing table: One or more arguments are not correct
    11/15/2009 10:35:05 PM : [ERROR] Local [Local]: route -p add 216.236.176.0 mask 255.255.240.0 0.0.0.0 if 40 metric 20

that is just the last two lines .. i will span the post if i post it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pada .... I can still only make 2 connections at a time. Is this the norm?

Everytime I am connected to local IS for example, it downloads fine but as soon as I add an international connection, my Altbinz drops dead to 0KB/s

Is this error on my side?

Win XP Performance edition
    March 2009
    SP3

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badprop, I need more information regarding your situation.

Without modifying the registry or using RASPPPoE, you would get the following error as soon as you attempt to dial a second PPPoE connection:
    Error 633: THe modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly
    I'm not using RASPPPoE on Windows XP and I'm able to dial more than 1 PPPoE account by simply modifying the registry and then restarting.
    To modify the registry, see this post of mine: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost...8&postcount=79

You could try downloading & importing my registry file for Windows XP: http://www.quickshare.co.za/files/qr...ntsXP.reg.html
    I'm not 100% sure if your 'WAN Miniport (PPPoE)' values would be in the same locations. So if you want to do me a favour, UNINSTALL RASPPPoE, import that WinXP registry file of mine and then run regedit and double-check that the WanEndpoints are set to 3 where the 'DriverDesc' is 'WAN Miniport (PPPoE)' in the same key (folder) as the WanEndpoints.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just installed this app yesterday.
    Had a wierd problem with Route sentry in that it would disable my local network routing, when ever my internet was connected. Win 7 64... would have to disable network card and re-enable to get it working again.

This has resolve that issue, so gg from me. Havent fully tested all routing though..

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surv0, feel free to ask if you're having trouble with it. To do a quick test if its splitting the traffic correctly, like RouteSentry, go to the Options tab and click the buttons to get both the International & Local IP addresses. If they're different, then my app should be splitting the traffic correctly.
    You could also browse a few sites and watch the monitor the Statistics page.

As for that issue that you had with RouteSentry...: Stroebs' RouteSentry guide showed how to correct that problem. Are you perhaps using a 10.0.0.* LAN IP range? I think RouteSentry only does that to that specific LAN IP range... which is one of the reasons why I went and wrote a new app

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few small bugs I've had with using the Traffic Splitter app:

The newest version of the app freezes when setting up the local routes, it stops about halfway, freezes for a few seconds and then runs normally again after the routes have been setup.
    The app has some difficulty detecting when a connection is disconnected in windows.

And some suggestions/questions:

Isn't it possible to save the settings and routes and not delete it when the program uninstalls or ask if it should be kept for a future install?
    Can the notification in the taskbar that displays when the program is minimized be disabled?

Thanks as always for a great app. I have uninstalled Route Sentry as this app is even in it's early stages a good replacement for Route Sentry in terms of functionality.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wikus View Post
    The newest version of the app freezes when setting up the local routes, it stops about halfway, freezes for a few seconds and then runs normally again after the routes have been setup.
    This might be due to it setting up the routes separately for each interface. eg. it would start setting up the routes for the international connection, check the settings and then set up the routes for the local connection.

The app has some difficulty detecting when a connection is disconnected in windows.
    Unfortunately the detection is done with the DotRAS library and I have experienced the same thing every now and then. I can't place when and why it would happen.
    What I do know, is that it cannot detect that a connection is being dialed, unless the connection was dialed by Traffic Splitter earlier in that session OR if the connection was open when Traffic Splitter was launched.

Isn't it possible to save the settings and routes and not delete it when the program uninstalls or ask if it should be kept for a future install?
    Unfortunately that is the stupid limitation of the OneClick setup that I'm using. I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I would like to replace that stupid setup with a decent NSIS installer. The installer should also modify the registry's WanEndpoints accordingly.

Can the notification in the taskbar that displays when the program is minimized be disabled?
    As from Beta 6.3 it would only show the notification once and once only. If you restart the app, it won't show it again.

I am not going to make any modifications to the application before I have received examples from Gladiator. From a functional point of view, I would rate that I have achieved what I was aiming for - although there are lots of improvements to be made
    Last edited by Pada; 16-11-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying to use the program now for the first time after using route sentry with my telkom issued premium combo marconi router.. I managed to set RS up fine there but it stopped working 2 days ago.

We now got a Billion 7401VGP router (MWEB VOIP router), but i cant find where the heck to set this thing to bridge mode or how to set it up to allow a program like this to work..

any suggestions at all, or will i have to buy myself a new router?

I aint that clued up with all the technical stuff with networks etc, so step by step would be greatly appreciated ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AjAx30 View Post
    trying to use the program now for the first time after using route sentry with my telkom issued premium combo marconi router.. I managed to set RS up fine there but it stopped working 2 days ago.

We now got a Billion 7401VGP router (MWEB VOIP router), but i cant find where the heck to set this thing to bridge mode or how to set it up to allow a program like this to work..

any suggestions at all, or will i have to buy myself a new router?

I aint that clued up with all the technical stuff with networks etc, so step by step would be greatly appreciated ;-)
    u cant bridge that router

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a feeling that might be the answer... guess its a new router for me then

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know of a local site where I can get the latest Microsoft Framework needed to use this app?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 can be downloaded locally from Microsoft: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 can be downloaded locally from Microsoft: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe
    Thanks a stack

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, a couple of people have already asked me about the following warnings:
    Code:
    11/19/2009 6:19:52 PM : [WARNING] Unable to open phone book for current user
    11/19/2009 6:19:52 PM : [WARNING] The directory name C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk is invalid.
    You can ignore that warning. The warning is just an indication that the application was unable to enumerate the PPPoE devices created by the current user. I guess I'll have to change that warning message in the next release.

Lastly, you may also want to know what "persistent routes" implies:
    Persistent routes are routes that stay, even after you've disconnected the interface or even restarted the computer. Persistent routes would most likely fail with PPPoE connections since they don't have the same IP address each time you dial them. Persistent routes should therefore only be used with interfaces that have a fixed IP address (actually fixed gateway address).
    Typically you would use persistent routes when you have your router in half-bridge mode and letting the router dial the local-only connection. Setting the local interface to use persistent routes (and selecting the Local Area Connection as the local interface), it will only be necessary to run RouteSentry or my app once and then quit it. Even if your LAN IP address is set to automatic, its gateway address would remain the same and thus the persistent routes would still work.

I'll try to write up some documentation on my google wiki page and notify everyone in this thread. I've received the code from Gladiator, so I will try and make those changes to my code as soon as possible too.

Btw, suggestions for a different kind of layout/structure would also be appreciated. Screenshots would be nice if you have something to design forms with

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Pada

I haven't read through the whole thread but want to try this app out.

I keep getting these errors when I "Set up Routes"

Gives me pop-up errors with the following message each time:
    Error(s) occurred during addition of International(Afrihost) route entries
    and
    Error(s) occurred during addition of Local(Telkom) route entries
    Then when I have a look at the log it gives me these errors:

Code:
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Unable to manipulate routing table: The object already exists
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Local [Telkom]: route add 41.191.124.0 mask 255.255.252.0 165.146.164.1 if 534 metric 25
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Unable to manipulate routing table: The object already exists
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Local [Telkom]: route add 41.192.0.0 mask 255.255.224.0 165.146.164.1 if 534 metric 25
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Local [Telkom]: route add 41.192.64.0 mask 255.255.224.0 165.146.164.1 if 534 metric 25
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Local [Telkom]: route add 41.192.128.0 mask 255.255.224.0 165.146.164.1 if 534 metric 25
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [INFO] Local [Telkom]: route add 41.192.192.0 mask 255.255.224.0 165.146.164.1 if 534 metric 25
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Local [Telkom]: route add 41.192.255.0 mask 255.255.255.0 165.146.164.1 if 534 metric 25
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Local [Telkom]: route add 41.193.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0 165.146.164.1 if 534 metric 25
    2009/11/19 06:57:52 PM : [ERROR] Local [Telkom]: route add 41.195.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0 165.146.164.1 if 534 metric 25
    Help?
    Be the person you needed when you were younger.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast