You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslim Call to Christians

Quote Originally Posted by rza View Post
    Well, as a Christian sometimes I pray for justice instead of peace.
    Well that is a rather horrific thing to say.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

You and every other extremist.
    I once dated a girl who lisped, she wanted to watch Faith Like Potatoes. 20 minutes in it dawned that we weren't watching a movie about the Elephant Man...

Quote Originally Posted by Balstrome View Post
    Personally I would like to see Muslim standing up at prayers and publicly denouncing Al-Queda and Jihad. Get the TV cameras in there, and do it across the world and in every mosque once a week. Then maybe the rest of the world will start to listen to the story of the peace and tolerance of Islam. Not until then.

But we/they do... you reading the wrong websites besides I have never been to a Mosque where they publicly approved of Al Queda...
    This radical Islamic ways of theres are not shared by all Muslims, I for one do not approve of their doings, its stupid, all they end up doing is killing innocent people and children, whats the point of that? I sometimes also think that Al Queda dont even exist, its just a way for "some people" to cause unrest in certain areas.

I do understand some Moulanas will say some things and they can easily be taken out of context but I promise you that if Palestine can have their freedom they once had, there will be no hate speech.

All my mosque preaches is give money to the poor, I think I should visit other mosques and listen to their prayers, perhaps learn what they preach, but im pretty sure its the same, "the youth, drugs, drag racing, girls in skimpy clothes....

How about you? Are prepared to accept LGBT as having equal rights as hetros ?
    I have no problem with fornicators and adulterers, so why would I have a problem with homosexuals. I just don't endorse their sexual escapades and I wish they could find peace in Jesus as I have found it after being a fornicator for many years. To me they already have equal rights with everybody, the right to sin and repent.

Quote Originally Posted by porchrat View Post
    Well that is a rather horrific thing to say.
    Justice is important sometimes, even ahead of peace. Peace sometimes means the victim has to suffer in silence.

I have no problem with fornicators and adulterers, so why would I have a problem with homosexuals. I just don't endorse their sexual escapades and I wish they could find peace in Jesus as I have found it after being a fornicator for many years. To me they already have equal rights with everybody, the right to sin and repent.
    You don't mind if I report this post for bigotry do you?

Pretty moderate in a backward sort of way. Well done on not being a homophobic bigot. I am actually a little impressed.

I don't know I think he is saying "let them do what they want but it doesn't fit into my belief system" which is pretty reasonable.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

No go ahead, the moderators already know the limit of my bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by agerbon View Post
    As great as the message is on the letter. Sadly history tends to repeat it self. Our recorded history shows that people have no problems taking up arms for their faith. There is a common factor with our present time and our history. That would be faith in a god. Our current model of history stretches back six to seven thousand years. Our mythology stretches it up by thousands to hundreds of thousands of years. (depending on region/civilization)

What recorded history and mythology show to us is that when there is different sorts of faiths residing together there will always be conflict between the faiths. These conflicts usually lead to war between the believers or just plain genocide from the ruling faith.

Sure the message in the letter is great but history shows us it is all wishful thinking. For while the faiths exist there will always be a potential for the believers to clash.
    Even without faiths, people have mass-murdered for various other ideologies or philosophies. But don't give up hope, dude. Do not despair. This is totally unprecedented so we have nothing to compare it with. This may not stop global violence in the name of religion, but I think it does have much significance.

And there have been some great responses. Particularly this one: Yale Divinity School scholars responds

And many other Christian responses.

And even Jewish responses!

Check it out.

Pretty moderate in a backward sort of way. Well done on not being a homophobic bigot. I am actually a little impressed.

I don't know I think he is saying "let them do what they want but it doesn't fit into my belief system" which is pretty reasonable.
    Christians are not homophobic, except for Westboro, as we once used to do the same things. How could I despise a fornicator when i used to be the biggest fornicator in my home town? How could I despise a homosexual when I used to do the same thing but with an opposite sex? Christians are fornicators, adulters, and homosexuals who have repented. So the only difference between me and a homosexual is repentance, which is why I want to take them through that process of repentance. Look at Donnie Mclurkin, he used to be a proud homosexual but he repented. So how could he hate homosexuals? It's impossible for Christians to be homophobic.

Justice for whom? For the Christians who were murdered by Muslims? I agree with you! Justice against whom? Islam? All Muslims? Those specific murderers who happen to be Muslim?

Justice is important sometimes, even ahead of peace. Peace sometimes means the victim has to suffer in silence.
    You have no right to decide what is and isn't "just". So surely you can't pray for it, rather just let god sort it out which after all supposed to be what he is there for?

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
    Justice for whom? For the Christians who were murdered by Muslims? I agree with you! Justice against whom? Islam? All Muslims? Those specific murderers who happen to be Muslim?
    There are those murderers I wish could get killed so the world could be freed from their wickedness, some I just have compassion for. There's no clear stated standard to the way I feel about the issue of justice, so it depends on a case to case basis. Do I wish justice or peace to the extremist muslims in Somalia? Justice, their wickedness has reached all limits!

There are those murderers I wish could get killed so the world could be freed from their wickedness, some I just have compassion for. There's no clear stated standard to the way I feel about the issue of justice, so it depends on a case to case basis. Do I wish justice or peace to the extremist muslims in Somalia? Justice, their wickedness has reached all limits!
    That is possibly the most unforgiving and unChristian thing I have ever heard. You have no right to judge those people whether you believe them to be murderers or not.

You have no right to decide what is and isn't "just". So surely you can't pray for it, rather just let god sort it out which after all supposed to be what he is there for?
    He does sort it out, in His own way that we don't easily see sometimes. Not praying against injustice is like folding our arms and washing our little girls get raped while we shout peace. There's time for peace, and there's time for justice. I pray for peace in the middle east between Jews and Arabs, but in Somalia I pray for God to give State soldiers the strength to annihilate those extremists. There's time for everything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 15 ... LastLast