Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SPAM from 'Rain Air' education

Thumbs down SPAM from 'Rain Air' education

Any company that resorts to unsolicited email to spread the word about it's business must know that it will be avoided at all costs. I received this on email:

GIVE YOUR CHILD THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS IN LIFE. MATHS ON DVD

Many of our daily activities in life, personal & business, are based on mathematical concepts. Budgeting, time planning, managing petty cash, accounting, calculating wages, technical calculations used by artisans and engineers, etc to mention a few.

One ‘building block’ missed in Maths at school could affect your child’s schooling, tertiary education and career. With all the ‘building blocks in place, your child can reach their full potential and succeed in life.

At RainAir Education we believe in giving you as the parent the resources to equip your child with the tools to build a successful life.

The RainAir Maths educational tool is based on the National Maths curriculum. It conveys the mathematical concepts in an enjoyable and understandable way, using video for visual learning as well as practical examples to sustain interest. It is like having an expert Maths teacher available day or night to help your child with homework, revision or a misunderstood lesson. Video controls put the learner in complete control of the teacher, allowing them to recap any part of any lesson, any time they like.

RainAir Education has proven to be extremely effective in breaking down barriers to understanding Maths and improving learner grades. Our experience has been that when a child grasps the concepts shared, their confidence skyrockets, changing their attitude towards learning. There will be marked improvements in concentration as your child understands what is being taught. Your child will feel more comfortable in facing new information or new challenges with a greater enthusiasm for learning maths.

Maths may suddenly become their favorite subject and give them the tools for success in life!

To watch our promotional video on YouTube, click here.

Contact our office on 071 6969 765 or 031 916 4259 or reply to the following email address [email protected] with all your contact details to set up an appointment to discuss how RainAir Education can help your child.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have someone on the inside at the department of education feeding them school parent's email addresses. So 'Rain Air', I will avoid you and your services like the plague.
    Not surprising that the 'FROM' address above is listed on the "Association of Debt Recovery Agents" newsletter:
    http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    Apparently Ruth is from "SmartCollect"
    Now there's an industry that is known for ethical business practices
    Last edited by manicminer; 06-06-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Did they send many many emails or just one?

Is there an unsubscribe feature? I hope this whole thread is not about a single email with an unsubscribe link .

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    Did they send many many emails or just one?

Is there an unsubscribe feature? I hope this whole thread is not about a single email with an unsubscribe link .
    Actually - most good spammers include an 'unsubscribe feature' that you should avoid at all costs if you want to avoid more future spam.
    Surely you knew that?

Naaa dude times are tough. I get angry when i get email spammed with BS over and over and not once or something.

I also hate spam like getting phoned 5 times a week by people offering contracts and bloody insurance but one email here or there is not the end of world .

Thing is - it's such a fine line that IMO people should know that they need to rethink their marketing strategy. Otherwise average joe (thinking my dad among others) who are naiive about these things, can't tell the difference. Anyway, by all means setup a proper website and get some SEO guru to sort you instead of sending a bunch of emails to an address list you got from who knows where.

One source people use is easyinfo. They got my details some time back from who knows where, now my personal home address and work email are listed on their site. I now get spam from all over because of them... and don't try ask them to remove it. They just ignore you.

Thumbs down More spam

It seems that Ruth Fox is quite keen on sending spam. Here is one that arrived today:

Return-path: <[email protected]>

Received: from unknown (HELO filter8.cesmail.net) ([192.168.1.218])
    by c60.cesmail.net with SMTP; 30 Jun 2010 00:12:34 -0400
    Received: (qmail 14772 invoked by uid 1010); 30 Jun 2010 04:12:34 -0000
    Delivered-To: [email protected]
    Received: (qmail 14726 invoked from network); 30 Jun 2010 04:12:26 -0000
    X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.4 (2008-01-01) on filter8
    X-Spam-Level:
    X-Spam-Status: hits=0.5 tests=HTML_FONT_SIZE_HUGE,HTML_MESSAGE,MISSING_MIM EOLE,
    RDNS_NONE version=3.2.4
    Received: from unknown (192.168.1.86)
    by filter8.cesmail.net with QMQP; 30 Jun 2010 04:12:26 -0000
    Received: from unknown (HELO mailserver.smartbizsolutions.co.za) (83.222.239.161)
    by mxin2.cesmail.net with SMTP; 30 Jun 2010 04:12:17 -0000
    Received: from 41-133-225-4.dsl.mweb.co.za ([41.133.225.4])
    by mailserver.smartbizsolutions.co.za
    ; Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:12:27 -0700
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Reply-To: [email protected]
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Get new clients - mail marketing
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="----=_NextPart_001_24B7_47FD756B.4E906943"
    X-Mailer: SmartSend.2.0.104
    Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:12:13 +0200
    Message-ID: <[email protected]>
    Disposition-Notification-To: <[email protected]>
    X-Priority: 1
    X-MSMail-Priority: High
    X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 100629-1, 2010/06/29), Outbound message
    X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
    X-SpamCop-Checked: 83.222.239.161 41.133.225.4
    X-Spam-Status: No score=1.2 tests=HTML_FONT_SIZE_HUGE=0.001,HTML_MESSAGE=0.001 ,MISSING_MIMEOLE=1.899,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW=-0.7
    X-Postwall-Hash: e2eb444b9d4c097af2ced60b2cfacc07
    X-EsetId: A66FA127EDD02D33FC2D
    From: Silver Solutions Marketing [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: 30 June 2010 06:12
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Get new clients - mail marketing
    Importance: High

SILVER SOLUTIONS MARKETING

No business can afford to wait for the phone to ring.
    Email marketing has evolved a lot since its early days, and it can now be considered as an important branch of marketing.

Embarking on an email marketing program is one of the most effective online marketing tactics. The success lies in the fact that most people who use the internet have email addresses and check their in boxes regularly, giving you a channel to push information out to them.

It is cost-effective, as one page of text reaches as many people as you want it to. Creating a demand for your product with relevant ads while reducing the cost of communicating with your customers by a hundred times or more.

Email marketing is about:

. long-term relationships
    . customer communications

Contact us on 0861001292 to find out more about email marketing

Subscribe to our marketing list to receive promotional mails from our various clients.
    Unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive such mails from us.
    Not only are they violating their mweb TOS by sending spam, but they are using a bulk mailer program, so they KNOW it's spam.

They seem to think it's not illegal to send ONE message, but that isn't always true. My email message is published on my blog with a stern warning about using it for marketing purposes, so as far as I'm concerned they are already breaking the law.

And I agree that anyone who does this kind of marketing cannot be trusted, and one should certainly not buy anything they are trying to sell.

Now they're famous for being stupid: http://donnedwards.openaccess.co.za/...think-not.html
    Last edited by donn_edwards; 30-06-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Blog URL
    Donn Edwards
    Security Now! listener
    So We’re In Agreement Maxim: If you’re happy with your security, so are the bad guys.

Super Grandmaster

You tell them!
    Listen to RA Rock, SA's Real Rock Radio. Tune in at rarock.com.

+ Reply to Thread