Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Error 711: Cannot load Remote Access Service Connection Manager - PLEASE HELP

  1. #1

    Default Error 711: Cannot load Remote Access Service Connection Manager - PLEASE HELP

    Hi guys,

    I'm running Win7 Ultimate. I have several internet connections I used to dial but now when I try to open one to dial it I get the error:
    Cannot load Remote Access Service Connection Manager
    Error 711: The operation could not finish because it could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service in time. Please try the operation again.
    Now if I want to use another adsl account/isp I have to put the details into my router every time, very frustrating

    No I'm not just trying to get an easy answer here, I've researched this, gone to quite a few links but can't find a way to fix it

    If someone has fixed this problem before or if someone is willing to connect to me via VNC or TeamViewer to help me fix it I'd greatly appreciate that!!!

    Thanks
    2016 Vodacom Journalist of the Year
    Instagram Twitter

  2. #2
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    8,135
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330163 for the Error 711.

    AFAIK it could be related to a virus infection too. In this case it might be close to impossible to repair without a reinstallation of WIndows.

    If you're using multiple ISP accounts, why don't you just get a router that can dial all the connections simultaneously for you? The MikroTik routers are quite easy and quick to configure with the Winbox GUI.
    I'm using a RB750 myself, which is chained with a D-Link DSL-2500U (in bridge mode). My RB750 dials 3 ISP accounts simultaneously and then splits the traffic according to static routes / destination port.

    You should be able to do the same with a Linux box or a router running DD-WRT/OpenWRT firmware, but configuring the MikroTik routers with Winbox is just soooo much faster.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330163 for the Error 711.

    AFAIK it could be related to a virus infection too. In this case it might be close to impossible to repair without a reinstallation of WIndows.

    If you're using multiple ISP accounts, why don't you just get a router that can dial all the connections simultaneously for you? The MikroTik routers are quite easy and quick to configure with the Winbox GUI.
    I'm using a RB750 myself, which is chained with a D-Link DSL-2500U (in bridge mode). My RB750 dials 3 ISP accounts simultaneously and then splits the traffic according to static routes / destination port.

    You should be able to do the same with a Linux box or a router running DD-WRT/OpenWRT firmware, but configuring the MikroTik routers with Winbox is just soooo much faster.
    Thanks for the help...
    I've been to that link and it didn't help me much at all
    I'm using a Netgear DG834G router, not sure what thats capable of? Can't really afford another router
    I used to dial two connections and use your app to split local and int traffic... thats what I want to do but can't.
    Would you be able to connect to me via TV or VNC and see if you know whats going on or not?
    2016 Vodacom Journalist of the Year
    Instagram Twitter

  4. #4
    Super Grandmaster The_Unbeliever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Nkaaaaandla
    Posts
    103,205
    Blog Entries
    27

    Default

    hey d7

    you got a spare PC just lying around? Install Smoothwall/IPCop/Endian on it, and have it manage the connections for you, so much better.

    As a plus, if you use URL Filter or Dansguardian you'll get the benefit of blocking nasty sites (malware etc).

    I've never had a problem with viruses/trojans/etc during the time I've used Smoothwall, and it's a long time now.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

    Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    hey d7

    you got a spare PC just lying around? Install Smoothwall/IPCop/Endian on it, and have it manage the connections for you, so much better.

    As a plus, if you use URL Filter or Dansguardian you'll get the benefit of blocking nasty sites (malware etc).

    I've never had a problem with viruses/trojans/etc during the time I've used Smoothwall, and it's a long time now.
    Got no spare pc's lying around
    Do you not know how I can fix the one I have?
    2016 Vodacom Journalist of the Year
    Instagram Twitter

  6. #6
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    8,135
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Install a VM and run Smoothwall/IPCop/RouterOS on it

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    Install a VM and run Smoothwall/IPCop/RouterOS on it
    Is the only way? Can't I just fix the problem and dial connections like I used to be able to?
    2016 Vodacom Journalist of the Year
    Instagram Twitter

  8. #8
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    8,135
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Of course you can try and fix the problem, but I haven't seen a proper solution for it yet.
    The best I've seen so far was at http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-...n-manager.html
    Basically you have to reinstall/repair Windows 7 if those few solutions fail. You can try and go through the Event Viewer, but I'm doubtful that it would help.

    Do you have antivirus software running on your PC? If you have, could you perhaps state which?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    Of course you can try and fix the problem, but I haven't seen a proper solution for it yet.
    The best I've seen so far was at http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-...n-manager.html
    Basically you have to reinstall/repair Windows 7 if those few solutions fail. You can try and go through the Event Viewer, but I'm doubtful that it would help.

    Do you have antivirus software running on your PC? If you have, could you perhaps state which?
    i'll have a look at that link when I am at home.
    Running ESET Smart Security, with all updates and stuff
    2016 Vodacom Journalist of the Year
    Instagram Twitter

  10. #10

    Default

    I've tried what's said in that thread and have the same problem as the first post in that thread... one thing depends on another and neither services can be started or are already running DO NOT want to reinstall
    2016 Vodacom Journalist of the Year
    Instagram Twitter

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •